Waterproof Trousers for Cycling

1 watcher
Mar 2013
7:59pm, 17 Mar 2013
3,635 posts
  •  
Kieren
If I'm just cycling, tights are fine & do a good job of keeping me warm. However sometimes on the commute getting soaked in the morning isn't te worst part - that comes when I have to change into cold wet clothes to cycle home.

I have a water resistant shell for my top half (Ground Effect: Flash Gordon). Water beads off that before eventually wetting through but it's breathable and keeps m dry enough.

I would like some cycling shell trousers. No padding needed but don't know where to start looking - any suggestions? Some ventilation would me nice. Maybe a pocket.
Mar 2013
8:06pm, 17 Mar 2013
3,640 posts
  •  
icemaiden
polaris-apparel.co.uk

I got a pair of these yesterday. no pocket though. Quite light and packed up small enough to go in the rear pocket of my cycling jacket. Long zips so easy to get on/off without removing shoes when raining (did that today!)
Mar 2013
8:22pm, 17 Mar 2013
24,502 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
OMM Kamleika waterproof kecks are fantastic.
Mar 2013
8:40pm, 17 Mar 2013
7,109 posts
  •  
Boab
Second that Vrap, which reminds me, I need to jacket to go with my trousers. Where did I see that offer again ;)
Mar 2013
8:43pm, 17 Mar 2013
24,503 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Where indeed, Boab? Get in there, when it's gone it's gone ;)
Mar 2013
8:58pm, 17 Mar 2013
7,110 posts
  •  
Boab
I know, I know and I will.

Only issue with OMM trousers is that when you have come off your bike and the trousers suddenly develop a large hole or ten a d they were a gift from your mother in law, they become a very very expensive (couple of) trousrers!! ;)
Mar 2013
8:59pm, 17 Mar 2013
18,405 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
The trick with that one is not to come off your bike! ;)
Mar 2013
9:02pm, 17 Mar 2013
24,504 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
One of my pairs is duct-taped after one of my girls took a tumble out hill-walking while wearing them. The message I took from that is, "Don't lend your kids your good kit."

I find Montane Pertex windproof trousers good too. They're not waterproof, but they'll keep off a heavy shower.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
If I'm just cycling, tights are fine & do a good job of keeping me warm. However sometimes on the ...