Waterproof running trousers

2 watchers
Sep 2023
12:36pm, 28 Sep 2023
4,073 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Zombie thread alert!

Anybody have current thoughts on waterproof trousers? I had a pair of Salomons, but they kept falling down, relatively new, only 150g with a head / breathability of 10K / 10K, so gave them to my wife. I currently have her 1st gen Kamleikas, which are weird clingy fabric, cut quite close, and over 200g. No real guarantees about how waterproof they are, either. The clinginess and tight fit might make them hard to get on / off when wearing shorts.

If I decide to buy new ones, should I go ultra light, with 10K hydrostatic head, or look at heavier 20K head ones, 250g+, that are more robust? I want them for long events in hills, and multi day "fastpacking", and shorter hill runs.

Can anybody suggest products? These are examples of heavy / light:

basecampgear.co.uk

basecampgear.co.uk

Maybe I shoud buy 2 pairs?
Oct 2023
11:21am, 9 Oct 2023
4,090 posts
  •  
jacdaw
I ended up with a compromise and bought the 150g Inov8 Trailpant; 20K HH 20K B, and reasonably robust. Nice quiet fabric to run in and a relatively close fit.

inov-8.com

I'll add another comment when I've been out in a proper downpour, to record how they perform.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Advice please on waterproof trousers you can run in! I am doing the Grizedale Trail 26 on Sunday and...