Waterproof mp3 player

1 watcher
FML
Jul 2015
9:59pm, 2 Jul 2015
9,980 posts
  •  
FML
Any recommendations. Would like one for swimming, as seem to go through ipods while running due to sweat and pouring water over myself!
Jul 2015
10:12pm, 2 Jul 2015
3,843 posts
  •  
Winded
I have a swimming one that I now use for running more than myipod shuffle. It is a Tayogo - pretty cheap from Amazon or Ebay. The earphones are integrated into it and it sits on the back of your head.

It isn't very good for swimming, even though the thing comes with different size earbuds they always fall out quite soon. For running in the rain without worrying about your electronics it's great.

One drawback, older downloads from iTunes with play protection may be a pain to play.
Jul 2015
3:28pm, 3 Jul 2015
25 posts
  •  
Fat Tulip
I have the Sony one which I'm pretty pleased with: wiggle.co.uk
Jul 2015
11:12pm, 4 Jul 2015
237 posts
  •  
oprah
The Finis Neptune works amazingly well when it is actually working. It uses bone conduction so you don't have to worry about keeping headphones in your ears. I can't imagine swimming without mine. The downside is that it's expensive and the quality is poor. I have had 3. One is a replacement from the warranty that broke immediately! The other 2 stopped being recognised by my computer after a few weeks so I can't change the music. It works fine, though. If you upload as much music as possible when you first start using it, then it would last for a couple of years I think, which is about as much as you can expect. I wish a big name would buy them out and make the product properly - they have patented the bone conduction technology design which is absolutely amazing. I have tried earphones and they just fall out for me.
Jul 2015
9:20am, 8 Jul 2015
142 posts
  •  
Ferdi
swim 3 times a week using this for over a year now with no problems at all
amazon.co.uk
although replaced the earphone with these amazing and cheap waterproof earphones:
amazon.co.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by FML
Any recommendations. Would like one for swimming, as seem to go through ipods while running due to s...