Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Waterproof lightweight running top

2 watchers
Apr 2012
10:00am, 20 Apr 2012
139 posts
Muddie
I don't think there's any such thing as fully waterproof clothing [though I do have waterproof boots]. I agree with Pilotlight, as long as I'm warm it doesn't matter how wet I get. Windproof is key :-)
Apr 2012
1:00pm, 20 Apr 2012
5 posts
hogglet
Well, it was pouring down yesterday until about 5 minutes before I stepped out the door. Decided not to take off the jacket as I expected some rain within the next 2 and a half hours. It stayed bone dry, but windy! Towards the end of my run, water (sweat) was dripping out from inside my sleeves, having accumulated by my elbows ! Not pleasant, but warm at least.

As for fully waterproof clothing, I have Berghaus Paclite jacket and bottoms for walking... never let the rain in yet, but not ideal for running in...
Apr 2012
2:04pm, 21 Apr 2012
142 posts
Muddie
Yeah that happened to me too hogglet. Except I took my jacket off whent the sun came out ...
Apr 2012
2:12pm, 21 Apr 2012
6 posts
hogglet
Muddle, I couldn't be bothered to keep taking it off and putting it back on to tell the truth. Was fairly windy, even when the sun did come out, and I figured I would get slightly cold as the wind whipped across the sweat on my back! Can't win either way
Apr 2012
2:21pm, 21 Apr 2012
143 posts
Muddie
I was lucky ... out of the wind till the last short bit.
Sep 2012
9:04am, 19 Sep 2012
10 posts
hogglet
Update - having just completed the Trans Britain Ultra in some very wet weather (70mph driving rain atop Pen-y-Ghent one day) I can categorically state that the Montane Minimus is fully waterproof and, as someone who hates wearing too much clothing due to overheating, it is a joy to run in.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Frobester
I'm after a running top, light in weight, waterproof, that can be folded up and take next to no spa...