waterproof jacket

3 watchers
Nov 2013
2:48pm, 21 Nov 2013
14,514 posts
  •  
hellen
Hi, i already have an OMM Kamleika jacket wiggle.co.uk

I like it, nothing wrong with it but I have some money to spend on kit and have the option of getting the Berghaus paclite 3 jacket

store.berghaus.com

or Salomon Bortelli jacket wiggle.co.uk

for half the RRP. Any other jacket I buy will be full price as these are a deal through my sponsors :) 9bar

Does anyone have any feedback on either or can compare to OMM. I dont actually need a new jacket so dont need other suggestions I would prob spend the money on other kit if I dont get one of these as full price waterproof jackets are really expensive meaning less money to spend on other kit
Nov 2013
2:53pm, 21 Nov 2013
513 posts
  •  
Lemon10
I can't help at all but lucky you being sponsored by 9bar!
Nov 2013
2:55pm, 21 Nov 2013
14,574 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
I can't help either but am annoyingly going to watch this thread as I'm looking for a decent waterproof jacket.

And yes, lucky you on the sponsorship, Hellen :-)
Nov 2013
2:56pm, 21 Nov 2013
1,420 posts
  •  
heffaroo
Hi Hellen, I have a Kamleika myself. Just bought a Montane Minimus Smock which is so light and lovely. :)

But obviously you are talking about these, I think the Salomon one looks a bit more suited to running though...
Nov 2013
2:57pm, 21 Nov 2013
14,515 posts
  •  
hellen
I can recommend the OMM jacket, I also have marmot christalline theoutdoorgearshop.co.uk
which is good, lighter weight and not as hard core but still very waterproof and breathable
Nov 2013
3:00pm, 21 Nov 2013
14,516 posts
  •  
hellen
salomon is lighter. I did look at the minimus, looks good but that would be full price
Nov 2013
3:00pm, 21 Nov 2013
14,575 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
I have been looking at the Bonatti as I am planning on doing some more Ultras next yea and need to invest in a decent waterproof.

The Marmot looks nice (as does the price) :-)
Nov 2013
3:04pm, 21 Nov 2013
525 posts
  •  
mags
Im selling an Omm cypher smock for 89 quid if anyone inyerested..brand new yellow size medium:)
Nov 2013
8:38pm, 21 Nov 2013
349 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I think it depends if you want something light, that you would carry when the forecast is good and only likely to wear if you have to stop due to injury etc, or something a bit more heavy duty that you would trust if setting off in heavy rain at the start of a long run outwith warm conditions.

I don'r rate Paclite very highly in terms of breathability, don't know what the Salomon fabric is like. Whereas the OMM Cypher mentioned above uses eVent fabric which is excellent and I'd be happy to trust that for a day in the hills in the rain ( which I have done whilst hillwalking - I have the Cypher myself ) - but it's heavier.

One design feature I'd question about the Salomon is the elasticated hood - does that mean there is no adjustability ? If so, then a bit of a lottery as to whether it fits the shape and size of your head with and/or without a hat on.
Nov 2013
8:49pm, 21 Nov 2013
1,156 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
I love my montane Minimus, if you don't need another jacket buy something you do need :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
Hi, i already have an OMM Kamleika jacket wiggle.co.uk

I ...