Warfarin vs Clopidogrel

2 watchers
Dec 2011
4:12pm, 29 Dec 2011
13,626 posts
  •  
Stumpy
Gf, the diet thing (like alcohol) that consistency is best. If you always eat lots of stuff with vitamin k in it, then it's fine and your dose would have been adjusted . You just shouldn't eat lots then none then lots then none, etc.
Dec 2011
9:26pm, 29 Dec 2011
2,933 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
Thanks again everyone. I have to leave my sister to it now, as I leave Plymouth tomorrow and head home, but she wants you all to know that she's very grateful for all your help. :-)
T39
Dec 2011
9:37pm, 29 Dec 2011
396 posts
  •  
T39
My stepdad is in hospital after his fifth stroke this year,
After his first, he was put on aspirin and was to have an op on his neck-I assume a stent?? could be wrong.
On the day of the op he was sent home, new consultant said he didn't need it
After second hospitilization, he was put onto warfarin and cholestrol medication.
He stopped smoking and drinking, ate healthily etc and seemed to be getting better, third stroke was told his cholestrol was too low
Anyway, another stroke yesterday. new consultant today has told him he should never have stopped taking the aspirin and he didn't need the warfarin.

He is so confused about what he should/should not be taking. We are all eternally grateful to the paramedics who each time called out have been amazing.
I'm not looking for advice, just having a wee rant
Dec 2011
9:43pm, 29 Dec 2011
38,129 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
rant away

hard to give advice anyway without knowing the specifics
T39
Dec 2011
9:49pm, 29 Dec 2011
397 posts
  •  
T39
I know PH thanks
Just frustrating

Strokes are horrible, his first one, I found him. Bit of an expert now in FAST
We went to visit him on the stroke ward and it was very scarey the amount of young people having strokes. I'm just glad my lifestyle involves no cigarettes, drugs and virtually no alcohol
Dec 2011
9:55pm, 29 Dec 2011
2,935 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
Absolutely rant away, T39. I've been a ranting post for my sister while she's been dealing with my parents on the 'coal face'. It's a role I'm more than happy to play, as I can only imagine how hard it's been for her. I hope your step-Dad gets his medication sorted out, and that everything goes well for him.
T39
Dec 2011
10:07pm, 29 Dec 2011
398 posts
  •  
T39
Thanks Kath, and to your dadtoo

parents hey, they're nowt but trouble ;-0

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kittenheels Kath
Not sure I believe the name of that second drug, but here goes for my question: my Dad is 83, and h...