Walt Disney Marathon

1 lurker | 9 watchers
Dec 2010
9:58am, 29 Dec 2010
22 posts
  •  
tiamo69
good luck to everyone doing this in 2011.

& to those like me who are hoping to run it in 2012, time to start saving & planning! :O)
Dec 2010
10:33am, 29 Dec 2010
1,013 posts
  •  
T no P
Yes, good luck from me too. Definitely on my "to do" list!
Dec 2010
7:47pm, 29 Dec 2010
169 posts
  •  
Debbie G
Hi everyone :-)

I've finally got organised and printed out my waiver details for the Goofy Challenge, my numbers are

7127 mar
25835 1/2 mar

I don't fly out of Gatwick until Thur 6th so I guess most of you will be acclimatising to the Florida temperature before me :-(

I've not decided what to wear for each run yet but It will either be a yellow & black 'Stowmarket Striders' vest or a red 'Fetch' one and any shouts of encouragement will be gratefully received !

I'm staying at the Disney Port Orleans French Quarter so hopefully i'll get a chance to say hello in person to some of you but if not I wish everyone a wonderful time in Orlando

x Debbie
Dec 2010
7:57pm, 29 Dec 2010
7,519 posts
  •  
Girlie
So are we Debbie, so we'll look out for you:-)
I'll probably be wearing the Fetch Shirt on Marathon day and my Bushdield Joggers shirt on HM day:-)
Dec 2010
8:52pm, 29 Dec 2010
1,488 posts
  •  
ndellar
Hi, just catching up - thanks for all the good luck messages :)

Well I've had a cold over Xmas, managed to do a fair bit of running before it hit, most importantly all 3 of my 20 milers (albeit some on a treadmill due to snow) as well as other assorted LSRs in build up, think I am prepared as I can be. Suppose Xmas was really the best time to get the Lurgy out of the way and it hit on Boxing day. I had 2 days off running and did a 10 this afternoon, I felt a bit tired and had a bit of a high HR so not over it yet but should be by the big weekend.

We went to the travel agents today to get printouts of all the tickets as we go on Tues 4th from Manchester - argh - too many Xmas shoppers at Merry Hill and a woman dealing with us in Thomson whose first words were I quote: "I don't really know what I'm doing here". I complained that I didn't want to end up with the wrong tickets and we got sat down and everything explained and double checked. Not good for stress levels though.

Just had a look at the Orlando forecasts, it may change but looks at the moment like low 20s next week and at the moment forecast for the 1/2 and Mara days is 15-16 which would be better.

I will be wearing a Stourbridge running club t-shirt (I have 2 so they will be clean!) on both days I think. For the 5K I might wear my Dudley Ladies club vest. See my pics in my profile - red with 2 white hoops and royal blue with yellow trim respectively - I will say hi if I see any vests I recognise. Good luck all!
Dec 2010
8:45am, 30 Dec 2010
1,798 posts
  •  
Dawnp
4 more sleeps, can you tell I'm excited yet :)
Dec 2010
5:56pm, 31 Dec 2010
7,524 posts
  •  
Girlie
I'm nearly ready, just got to fling a few things in the case and we're ready for the adventure:-)
Dec 2010
6:05pm, 31 Dec 2010
102 posts
  •  
shortstuff
Have a fantastic time everyone, i ran the Disney marathon in 2004, had a brilliant time.....but....it was freezing cold....take a jumper....lol
Jan 2011
10:23pm, 1 Jan 2011
7,528 posts
  •  
Girlie
We go tomorrow to Gatwick for a flight on Monday:-)
Hope to see some of you there.

For any lurkers the website to look up our results is:
espnwwos.disney.go.com
Jan 2011
9:05am, 9 Jan 2011
7,529 posts
  •  
Girlie
Coming to you from Runners Retreat at Marathon Start.
HM was fab yesterday, now to complete the challenge today with the marathon:-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I've only gone and 'accidently' entered oh dear

in fact it's the Goofy challenge Half followe...