Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Walkers of the UK, some recomendations on routes if you please

9 watchers
Feb 2016
12:00pm, 22 Feb 2016
4973 posts
HermanBloom
McG, of course :-) I will send on these additional ideas as well. I knew you guys would come up with great stuff!
Feb 2016
1:10pm, 23 Feb 2016
4975 posts
HermanBloom
Update :-)

"We will probably go to the Peak district, for our first walk of the UK, there's an 'Inn to Inn' route of 6 days which looks lovely. (Tea with Mr. Darcy at Pemberley )
Should we already book the accommodation on the way, or is it too early - what do you think?"

Going to tell them to book the beds, as then they won't have to worry about it nearer the time/on the day.

As an aside, I will use this thread to plan a walking holiday for next year!
Feb 2016
1:20pm, 23 Feb 2016
721 posts
makkem
Best to book your accommodation as soon as possible. Peak District is very popular. yha.org.uk is a useful site. I can recomend Edale & Eyam YHAs.

You can choose to self-cater or they will provide meals and lunch-packs for you.

Two alternative Long Distance Paths to consider would be Offa's Dyke on the England/Wales border or St Cuthbert's Way from Melrose to Lindesfarne.
Feb 2016
1:31pm, 23 Feb 2016
4976 posts
HermanBloom
I will pass the link on, thankyou.
Feb 2016
5:18pm, 23 Feb 2016
20277 posts
Derby Tup
Edale and Edale YHA are good. Castleton and Hartington or if Eyam is full Bretton. Peak is wonderful and a great choice
Feb 2016
8:28am, 24 Feb 2016
4977 posts
HermanBloom
Good stuff. My parents have gone there numerous times on walking holidays and have always spoken highly of the area.
Feb 2016
8:54am, 24 Feb 2016
6182 posts
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Agree with McGoohan on top of page 2. I wouldn't send them to upland or moorland areas, as they want villages and therefore perhaps a little more sense of civilisation. The Cotswold Way would be ideal.
18 Nov
8:29pm, 18 Nov 2020
21371 posts
Dvorak
How did the trip go? Maybe they have done half a dozen by now.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
Hello :-)

I work for a company based over in Israel. A colleague over there is intending to come ...