Vocal cord dysfunction

2 watchers
May 2012
12:49pm, 22 May 2012
42,264 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
My sister ended up with polyps on her vocal cords through extremely poor control of her voice(she shouts and screeches a lot, to put it mildly)

she actually llost her voice for a few weeks

SLT were very helpful then

But yep, ENT evaluation first
Jun 2012
12:46pm, 1 Jun 2012
3 posts
  •  
NomadicNutter
I had similar...negative asthma test using a lung stress test but the doc I saw was a bit dismissive about vocal cord dysfuntion, linked it more to Rhinitis which in runners (especially those that train in the winter, do long distance and have been runners for a number of years) causes an asthma type reaction. I have a great article about this and vocal cord dysfunction I could email you if you want to pm your email address to me. I had my testing 3 months ago and have been treating the rhinitis since and my breathing has defo improved during that time.....not completely better but at least I dont have to take a tonne of inhalers now that weren't having any impact.
Jun 2012
7:16pm, 9 Jun 2012
19 posts
  •  
TamsB
Thanks NN, only just seen this. How are you being treated for Rhinitis? Will PM you.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by TeeBee
Hi I've just tested negative for exercise induced asthma and it was suggested to me by the person w...