VMLM - Where to stay

2 watchers
Oct 2019
11:51am, 21 Oct 2019
44 posts
  •  
Marchog
Where would you recommend staying for next year's London Marathon? I stayed in Travelodge Covent Garden in 2016 but prices seem to be much higher than they were then already.
Oct 2019
12:49pm, 21 Oct 2019
281 posts
  •  
icenutter
I've always stayed somewhere along the Northern line around Kings Cross. That way you've only a few stops on the tube to get to London Bridge station, then you get the overground to Blackheath for the start.

Back to hotel afterwords to pick up bags and blag a shower, quick pint, then train home

But naturally that's because I'm arriving into London via Kings Cross. Its a pain getting to the Expo, but that's a fair trade for the other arrangements being easier.
Oct 2019
1:43pm, 21 Oct 2019
14,207 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Only done it once, but got very good deal at the Holiday Inn in Kensington. It was an ok journey to the start, but more importantly, very easy to get back to from the finish! I just hunted on booking.com
Oct 2019
1:56pm, 21 Oct 2019
4,318 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
I've tried lots of different alternatives and I've settled on Waterloo as the best option. Train to Blackheath from Waterloo East. Easy peasy.
Oct 2019
1:59pm, 21 Oct 2019
15,481 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I agree, prices are on the rise and they know when they can push prices up due to demand. We normally stay Tower Hill type area and have been in AirBnBs recently when there have been enough of us to make it less expensive than a hotel room and also get you decent sized accommodation.

Transport links so good you have options. DLR is my favourite

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Marchog
Where would you recommend staying for next year's London Marathon? I stayed in Travelodge Coven...