Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Virgin media broadband performance

2 watchers
Jan 2017
10:07pm, 5 Jan 2017
7107 posts
lammo
I opted for up to 100, and it was about 105 when I last checked, it seems pretty good so far :-)

Installation guys were brilliant too, couple of old boys, perfect
7 Mar
10:00am, 7 Mar 2020
118501 posts
GregP
When Sky or EE try and get me to switch broadband I tell them we have virgin and they give up. It’s very, very fast here.
7 Mar
10:17am, 7 Mar 2020
3502 posts
Surrey Phil
When it's good, it's very good. But when it's bad...

OK, ours does crash from time-to-time and, for some ridiculous reason, we often end up signing in to our e-mail two or three times before it works. Might start to look around for something a bit cheaper as we have a broadband, TV and phone package which could be a bit less expensive.
7 Mar
10:27am, 7 Mar 2020
118503 posts
GregP
Touch wood we haven't had a 'bad' spell for a while. Exactly a year ago (according to my journal) I phoned them and told them I was looking at cheaper options, and they changed my package to a faster yet cheaper one. I have a bit of brand loyalty as a result.
7 Mar
10:28am, 7 Mar 2020
118504 posts
GregP
Just ran the Which broadband speed test. (https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk)

108.0 Mbps download. Hard to argue with.
7 Mar
12:14pm, 7 Mar 2020
311 posts
Silent Runner
Just got 116.0 Mbps download (10.2 upload) with the Which test. I had no broadband for four or five hours on Thursday due to a local fault, but that sort of thing's rare - it's usually pretty reliable. I would like to get the cost down a bit though. Might have to give them a call.
7 Mar
12:40pm, 7 Mar 2020
13648 posts
richmac
I do and yes as long as you're on their fibre network.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by lammo
Does anybody have virgin broadband?

Do they get anywhere close to their advertised up to speeds? ...