2 watchers
Jul 2022
7:34am, 17 Jul 2022
151 posts
  •  
smoke free
I've got bunions!

And I've had a horrible little injury.

After some podiatry advice I bought some Hoka Bondi 7 because they come in 3 widths - meaning I can wear EXTRA wide.

They have massively helped as my metatarsal aren't squeezed together by the shoes squeezing against my bunions.

I'm wearing a black pair for work now and gave ordered another pair for running.

Sadly Hoka's trail shoes don't gave this 3rd width option, so as I start returning to the off road stuff (where I'm happiest) and the dry trails get wetter once the summer is over, I'm going to need some EXTRA wide trail shoes to continue the (so far successful) rehab.

Any fellow Fetchies have similarly elephant like feet?
Jul 2022
10:54am, 17 Jul 2022
9,432 posts
  •  
becca7
What about mens' versions in wide as I have tended to find them wider than the womens' versions?
Jul 2022
11:05am, 17 Jul 2022
58,850 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I was interested to note yesterday that the width fitting descriptions on the shoe shelf at Cotswold Outdoor include "bunion" and there are models of hiking footwear designed to accommodate hallux valgus. Which is a good thing, because "I can't get shoes to fit me" is a common reason for people requesting surgery on feet that would otherwise be better left alone.
Jul 2022
11:14am, 17 Jul 2022
71,297 posts
  •  
Diogenes
New balance also do an extra wide fitting in some models.
Jul 2022
11:26am, 17 Jul 2022
1,206 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
I have wide feet and get on well with the Hoka Mafate shoes, but you could also look at the speedgoat as they are available in EE width.
Jul 2022
1:00pm, 17 Jul 2022
154 posts
  •  
smoke free
I ordered some Speedgoats but immediately returned them, I was gutted as these Bondi shoes are brilliant - with their extra extra wide option.

I might have a look at New Balance thank you.
Jul 2022
1:01pm, 17 Jul 2022
155 posts
  •  
smoke free
I was interested to note yesterday that the width fitting descriptions on the shoe shelf at Cotswold Outdoor include "bunion" and there are models of hiking footwear designed to accommodate hallux valgus. Which is a good thing, because "I can't get shoes to fit me" is a common reason for people requesting surgery on feet that would otherwise be better left alone.

Exactly this, I'd rather find shoes that work on my feet than go under the knife!!
Jul 2022
1:10pm, 17 Jul 2022
4,609 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Have a look at Altars. They are really wide and have what they call a natural toe box to allow your foot to spread on landing. I have used them and I think they are more comfortable than my hoka Clifton wide fit. The Altra phoenix are a reasonably grippy trail shoe.
Jul 2022
1:14pm, 17 Jul 2022
4,610 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Sorry, that's Altra Olympus. "Shoes OLYMPUS 5 Man col. BLACK, GRAY

Altra Running" altrarunning.eu
Jul 2022
1:15pm, 17 Jul 2022
5,251 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
New Balance Hierro v7 is a trail shoe that they do in 2E and 4E
newbalance.co.uk

other New Balance trail shoes only seem to come in 2E

About This Thread

Maintained by smoke free
I've got bunions!

And I've had a horrible little injury.

After some podiatry advice I bought some Hoka Bondi 7 because they come in 3 widths - meaning I can wear EXTRA wide.

They have massively helped as my metatarsal aren't squeezed together by the shoes squeezing against my bunions.

I'm wearing a black pair for work now and gave ordered another pair for running.

Sadly Hoka's trail shoes don't gave this 3rd width option, so as I start returning to th...