Very very very sore foot after going over on my ankle?!

1 watcher
Jul 2014
5:33pm, 13 Jul 2014
9,110 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Whilst running downhill today on trail I went over on my ankle and it was reall painful. I was in shock for a few mins and envisaged myself limping home. However, I managed to walk it off, and it was only the outside of my foot that hurt a little.

My foot didn't feel quite right, but wasn't painful and I did another 5 miles (mostly walking, because I was tired and not because of foot pain)

A few hours on and now it really hurts! I have iced it, but there's no swelling or bruising. The pain seems to be mainly in the top of my foot, and is really sore if I plantar flex my foot or evert it. (Dorsiflexion and inversion are ok)

It feels like someone has grabbed my foot and crunched the bones together!

It hurts to walk :-(

What have I done?

Suggestions please!
Jul 2014
5:46pm, 13 Jul 2014
10,993 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Not good, take care.
Jul 2014
6:17pm, 13 Jul 2014
9,879 posts
  •  
colettedeann
am sorry lil :(

ice and rest and elevate - the usual suggetions i guess - and stop walking for a few hours x
Jul 2014
6:35pm, 13 Jul 2014
6,298 posts
  •  
LouLou
Fifth metatarsal fracture?
Jul 2014
6:43pm, 13 Jul 2014
9,111 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Thanks everyone.

I'm beginning to think fracture, but wondering if I'm being over dramatic. It hurts, but I imagine that a fracture would hurt a lot more!

Have booked an early morning appointment at the docs in case it gets worse over night. In the meantime I'm on the ice, rest and elevation, but have had to take ibuprofen too :(
Jul 2014
7:04pm, 13 Jul 2014
11,379 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
A friend fractured a metasarsal and his foot swelled up immediately. Keep icing and see how it is tomorrow. Good luck!
Jul 2014
7:09pm, 13 Jul 2014
120 posts
  •  
jono*
keep well Lil - hope its not too bad
Jul 2014
7:46pm, 13 Jul 2014
1,473 posts
  •  
Cyclops
My son broke a metatarsal when he was little and it hurt a bit but not lots and lots. I told him he was fine and there was nothing badly wrong with it! We know he did actually break it, however, as he has a lump where the extra bone grew when it healed.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
Whilst running downhill today on trail I went over on my ankle and it was reall painful. I was in sh...