Very bad toe / poor circulation

0 watcher
Sep 2011
9:41pm, 4 Sep 2011
1,602 posts
  •  
Alex Bampton
Evening, I am actually more worried about this one than I was before.

Yesterday morning I raced parkrun in a racing flat a size too small for me stupidly, it was painful last week but this is different. Today after a cycle I realised that it's not just a pain. The left big toenail is heavily inflamed and the toenail has gone a horrible great colour with big White patches. Whenever I move it throbs through the blood pressure and is very painful so have had to sit down a lot.

However it's not just that the whole foot and toe has REALLY swollen up especially when I move and is constantly a much darker colour which must mean there are circulation issues. In fact the whole left leg below the knee is a much darker colour than the right.

Pain is only concentrated around the left big toe though and does sting in water. I will see what it's like tomorrow but worried that it is so much worse today than it was yesterday and I'm supposed to be racing a duathlon this Wednesday.

Can anyone relate to this or give me a better explanation for this. Possibly an idea of when it will heal?

Cheers
Alex
Sep 2011
9:49pm, 4 Sep 2011
9,427 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Not sure what it could be but it sounds like some kind of infection to me, have you any cuts in the skin of your feet.
Sep 2011
10:06pm, 4 Sep 2011
10,268 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Sounds like infection/cellulitis.
Sep 2011
11:11pm, 4 Sep 2011
2,875 posts
  •  
SharonD
Needs a visit to Doctors
Sep 2011
6:56am, 5 Sep 2011
1,603 posts
  •  
Alex Bampton
No cuts as such but obviously the big toe is made vulnerable :/
Sep 2011
7:07am, 5 Sep 2011
17,150 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
That's a proper sore leg and you need to see a doctor urgently.
Sep 2011
7:16am, 5 Sep 2011
1,604 posts
  •  
Alex Bampton
Sigh - will make an appointment some lucky doctor is going to get my dodgy foot :L
Sep 2011
7:22am, 5 Sep 2011
10,835 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Insist on an emergency app.
Sep 2011
6:13pm, 6 Sep 2011
1,608 posts
  •  
Alex Bampton
Followed advice (finally) thanks guys. It was a nasty infection spread from the toe to the rest of my foot and was getting to my leg a bit too. Doctor has given me strong antibiotics to take 1000mg a day off for a week which should kill it off. Lovely!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pizza Boy
Evening, I am actually more worried about this one than I was before.

Yesterday morning I raced p...