•  
Jono.
Veggie spag bol for us, but I'm not adverse to chilli or curry
Jan 2018
12:41pm, 14 Jan 2018
8,368 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Mushroom, spinach and roast tomato risotto last night, another easy one that tastes great.
Jan 2018
8:51am, 15 Jan 2018
28,090 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I *can* cook Dv. In the same way that I *can* construct an Ikea flat pack. It's not beyond my mental of physical capability. I just don't enjoy it, so I mostly don't do it! But when the lack of tastiness of convenience foods outweighs the inconvenience of potentially tastier home made food, I may have to act!

The nutrition bit is more important but the tastiness bit is probably more likely to sway me! :-) G
Jan 2018
7:31pm, 20 Jan 2018
1,414 posts
  •  
Flibberty Jibbet
I tend to eat more of a vegetarian diet although occasionally have meat meals, I am the same as you HappyG, I don't particularly enjoy cooking but am trying to cook meals from scratch, I'm finding that if I make enough to have a few portions then I don't have to do it quite so often!!!
Jan 2018
8:45pm, 20 Jan 2018
15,230 posts
  •  
Dvorak
In that vein, FJ (though dietetically inappropriate here), a friend at parkrun announced one time that she'd just bought [large quantity] of mince. Can't remember the amount but everyone said "how much?" She then said that she had made twelve shepherd's pies and put eleven in the freezer.

I generally like to make more than one portion if I am "proper" cooking, generally two or three, as is seems a faff for not much result otherwise. I just have to hope what I produce is edible ;-).
Jan 2018
9:13am, 21 Jan 2018
8,649 posts
  •  
The Terminator
I spent the day in the kitchen yesterday cooking up a storm from the Rhiannon Lambert and Anita Bean books. I love cooking.
Jan 2018
12:05pm, 21 Jan 2018
1,419 posts
  •  
Flibberty Jibbet
12 Shepherds pies!!! Need a bigger freezer!

I have got the Rhiannon Lambert book also and am finding the recipes really nice
Feb 2018
1:03pm, 8 Feb 2018
28,260 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Really must eat something other than pizza and pasta. It's a good thing I have 3 pieces of fruit a day because I don't get much other veg! I'm not so much a vegetarian as a pizzapastatarian. And it's not very healthy! :-) G
Feb 2018
1:05pm, 8 Feb 2018
8,705 posts
  •  
Garfield
I make Thai Green curry with Quorn pieces instead of chicken...hubby can't tell the difference and likes it just as much.
Feb 2018
9:12am, 9 Feb 2018
28,264 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Garfield - you inspired me. I (sort of) cooked last night. Sort of, cos it was a thai green curry paste, coconut milk and herbs pack, and the veg were pre-prepared in a stir fry pack and the quorn was the "fillets" pack they do, but I still had to put them in a pan, in the right order. It was yum. Way better than my usual muck. And fresh veg (peppers, onions, mushrooms, not sure what else was in it) for minerals, quorn for protein, so hopefully a bit more nutritious than normal.

Is coconut milk good for you? Made a lovely creamy and tasty sauce. :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
I've been paying a bit more attention to my diet recently and the thing I've realized is t...