Vaporfly vrs Alphafly

3 watchers
Apr 2021
9:03am, 9 Apr 2021
First-time poster!!
  •  
markoid
Hi, has anybody got experience of running in both the Vaporfly and the Alphafly, and able to share their comparison?

Thanks.
Mark
SPR
Apr 2021
9:07am, 9 Apr 2021
33,873 posts
  •  
SPR
There's a vaporfly thread so you're probably best posting there but I don't think anyone has moved to the alpha as the few that tried it didn't really like it and that seems to be borne out at elite level

fetcheveryone.com/forum/the-vaporfly-thread-60619/
Apr 2021
9:23am, 9 Apr 2021
2 posts
  •  
markoid
Cheers.
Apr 2021
11:27pm, 10 Apr 2021
167 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Agree with SPR there, although I think thewelshrunner recently posted that he will be using Alphafly for Wrexham marathon (or wherever it is now) shortly - he posts a weekly vlog on his Youtube channel:

https://youtube.com/c/TheWelshRunner

Pretty sure he'd give you his thoughts if you drop him a comment (suspect he has been asked a few times!)
Apr 2021
11:27pm, 10 Apr 2021
168 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Nyeh, bad link

https://youtu.be/X_Nw0xw1-lU
Apr 2021
4:29pm, 14 Apr 2021
233 posts
  •  
AJLB
I've run in the Vaporflys since the originals to the Next%, and have a pair of Alphas that have been sat in their box since everything was cancelled last year. However, Nike kindly sent me a pair of the Tempo Next%, which with the air pods are obviously much closer to the Alphas, and have to say I really like them. The fit is nicely snug, better than the Next%, and they really "pop", in terms of bounce, but also acoustically! I turned my long run this week into a marathon and ran 2.50 without really trying, no taper, no hydration, no plan.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi, has anybody got experience of running in both the Vaporfly and the Alphafly, and able to share t...