Urgent Training Advice For Dublin Marathon

2 watchers
Sep 2013
6:58pm, 24 Sep 2013
588 posts
  •  
Bazza
28th of October - Dublin Marathon.

I have decided to join the Dublin Marathon, last minute.com as usual and really need some advice for training.

To paint a picture I am currently running maybe 1 or 2 6 mile runs and either a 12 mile flat run on a Sunday, a 16 mile run in the peaks or like this weekend that just went rode the 65 roses charity event from Rotherham to Home Moss.

I have not been following any plan, just going out when I have time or feel like it - but would really like to run as close to 4 hours as I possibly can. But feel I have left it far too late to follow a proper plan, but want to give myself the best chance of hitting the 4 hours.

So gang, what you think? I really want this next 5 weeks to be something i follow and stick to, a few tr-athletes and serious cyclists have told me its too late and I should just do what I can and focus more on the day and fuel intake and just plod along, with every mile I do from now until then a bonus?

Thoughts please...
Sep 2013
12:50am, 25 Sep 2013
1,321 posts
  •  
Old Man
You must be mad, according to Fetch you've only run 54miles in total this year!!

I'd suggest you need a couple of long runs before 28th Oct, c18 & 21m say this weekend and the 12th/13th. Then a mid week run of 10m and a recovery run of 3/4m each week for next three weeks then taper, not sure you'll get much more in without crashing
Sep 2013
1:40am, 25 Sep 2013
27,714 posts
  •  
Max71
Your desire to hit 4 hours has been matched by your planning, which I see is as reliable as the withdrawal method
Sep 2013
6:40am, 25 Sep 2013
589 posts
  •  
Bazza
Cheers old man - I don't log all my runs, but am around the 20 mile a week mark.

Max71 - My planning is shocking eh!!!!! So get my head round its going to be a long 5 hours then?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bazza
28th of October - Dublin Marathon.

I have decided to join the Dublin Marathon, last minute.com as...