Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Uploading GPX: Elapsed time rather than moving time?

1 watcher
Jul 2017
7:53pm, 7 Jul 2017
3 posts
Mushypeas
Hi

I noticed that when I upload a gpx on strava it uses 'moving time' to calculate pace (i.e. when the watch auto-pauses the pause is excluded from moving time). But when I use the same watch on fetcheveryone.com it uses elapsed time (i.e. if I'm waiting at traffic lights for 3 mins I'll have 3 mins longer on my time)

Is there any way of altering this setting?

Thanks
Jul 2017
12:08pm, 9 Jul 2017
13847 posts
Dvorak
There was something about that as a "known issue" right from when the graphs were implemented: I think the answer was "no". However, I thought it was something only affecting the graphs and not the underlying time/distance figures?

(And it might have been resolved as my downloads (non Garmin, non Strava) do not afaik do that.)
SPR
Jul 2017
12:15pm, 9 Jul 2017
24403 posts
SPR
Do you actually use auto pause? I don't and strava still has a way of only doing moving time rather than the time my watch is showing.
Jul 2017
11:11pm, 9 Jul 2017
10 posts
Mushypeas
I use auto-pause. strava works fine. But Fetch shows elapsed time (that's not a bug just a different approach I guess)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi

I noticed that when I upload a gpx on strava it uses 'moving time' to calculate pace...