Uploading GPX: Elapsed time rather than moving time?

2 watchers
Jul 2017
7:53pm, 7 Jul 2017
3 posts
  •  
Mushypeas
Hi

I noticed that when I upload a gpx on strava it uses 'moving time' to calculate pace (i.e. when the watch auto-pauses the pause is excluded from moving time). But when I use the same watch on fetcheveryone.com it uses elapsed time (i.e. if I'm waiting at traffic lights for 3 mins I'll have 3 mins longer on my time)

Is there any way of altering this setting?

Thanks
Jul 2017
12:08pm, 9 Jul 2017
13,847 posts
  •  
Dvorak
There was something about that as a "known issue" right from when the graphs were implemented: I think the answer was "no". However, I thought it was something only affecting the graphs and not the underlying time/distance figures?

(And it might have been resolved as my downloads (non Garmin, non Strava) do not afaik do that.)
SPR
Jul 2017
12:15pm, 9 Jul 2017
24,403 posts
  •  
SPR
Do you actually use auto pause? I don't and strava still has a way of only doing moving time rather than the time my watch is showing.
Jul 2017
11:11pm, 9 Jul 2017
10 posts
  •  
Mushypeas
I use auto-pause. strava works fine. But Fetch shows elapsed time (that's not a bug just a different approach I guess)
Jul 2023
12:19am, 11 Jul 2023
First-time poster!!
  •  
Ian the Morris Dancer
My activities imported from Garmin state moving time (as reported by Garmin) in the main summary line, but use elapsed time when calculating the best time for each distance. Is that the expected behaviour?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi

I noticed that when I upload a gpx on strava it uses 'moving time' to calculate pace...