Uploading a photo

1 watcher
May 2014
9:50pm, 15 May 2014
10,353 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
When I want to upload a photo to Fetch, if it's in portrait format, Fetch generally seems to make it landscape. If I rotate it on my laptop and try again, it still comes out on its side.

Am I doing something wrong?
Oct 2014
12:10pm, 31 Oct 2014
5,983 posts
  •  
Q Mac
*pumpkin*
Oct 2014
12:30pm, 31 Oct 2014
1,300 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Sorry to ask the obvious, but you are saving the rotated image before upload....
Rotating with what tool? It might still have EXIF data that points to it being orientated the other way around, not all programs will alter this.
Oct 2014
6:40pm, 31 Oct 2014
10,710 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
If I rotate it in Paint, then yes, I save it.

If I rotate it just on a right-click from the directory, then I guess no saving is called for.
Oct 2014
7:18pm, 31 Oct 2014
1,302 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Paint and windows photo viewer do not handle EXIF data.
I'm guessing that the camera has tagged the images orientation in the EXIF data and Fetch is looking at this and reorientating the image according to it's original attitude.
Try another graphics program.
Gimp.org is a good free alternative.
Oct 2014
7:49pm, 31 Oct 2014
10,711 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
thanks, will try it next time I have the problem.

Why is IT so complicated? Last night I renamed a file. No problem, the file had the correct name in the directory, but when I viewed it, I was told I was viewing the file with the original name. Too clever by half.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
When I want to upload a photo to Fetch, if it's in portrait format, Fetch generally seems to make i...