Upload from apple watch

18 watchers
Jul 2022
10:18pm, 19 Jul 2022
340 posts
  •  
mattglen_
RunGap - the app I used to bridge the automatic upload gap between Apple Watch and Fetch - is unlocking all premium features for the rest of the month*. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone is looking to try it before paying it.

*because they're celebrating 10 years on the app store
Jul 2022
6:25am, 20 Jul 2022
137,265 posts
  •  
GregP
I like RunGap - on the odd occasion I use my AW for sports it works perfectly.
Oct 2022
12:49pm, 6 Oct 2022
139,655 posts
  •  
GregP
So Ray ‘DC Rainmaker’ Maker has endorsed HealthFit in an article I read this morning. No idea how to get that to talk to Fetch though - but it seems to have a lot of the features out of strava Premium.
Oct 2022
8:59am, 11 Oct 2022
28,266 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hello Apple Watchers,

it occurred to me that there might be a route to get your data from Apple to Fetch, without me having to develop anything and/or pay for an Apple Developer license.

Fetch can now import from Wahoo - and I *think* there's a Wahoo app for your watch. So in theory, if you:

1) create a Wahoo account
2) give Fetch permission to receive data from Wahoo
3) log your runs/rides using the Wahoo app on your watch

it might just work.

If anyone wants to try that, do please let me know how you get on. If it works I can share it more widely.
Oct 2022
1:36pm, 11 Oct 2022
2,681 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
Is that the Wahoo Fitness app Fetch? I was trying this but Fetcheveryone isn’t listed on the options to connect to on the WahooFitness signup so I’m wondering if I’ve got the right app
Oct 2022
1:40pm, 11 Oct 2022
28,277 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I think that's the right app. You can establish the connection from this end, here:

fetcheveryone.com/user-settings-devices.php

I don't know why they haven't listed us at their end.
Oct 2022
1:48pm, 11 Oct 2022
2,682 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
Okay. I’ve done that and I’ll see what happens when I run later 😁
Oct 2022
1:57pm, 11 Oct 2022
28,278 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
If you've got a spare minute, you can just start and stop it whilst sitting down. If it generates an entry (no matter how silly) you'll know it works.
Oct 2022
3:59pm, 11 Oct 2022
2,683 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
I haven’t had time to really delve into this but I’m not getting much joy so far. I have a Wahoo profile & app on my iPhone but it’s not offering me an Apple Watch app (should download automatically to my watch if it’s available) The wahoo help pages say “The Apple Watch does not broadcast HR over standard Bluetooth or ANT+ channels, so we are not able to connect to it. In order to do so, we would need to build a specific Watch OS app and that’s not something we have on our current roadmap.” Not sure if that just refers to HR data but if there’s no Watch OS app I’m not sure how it would work. I can find info on connecting a Wahoo device to Apple Watch but not the watch to Wahoo app. Do you know different or have any other info?
Oct 2022
4:00pm, 11 Oct 2022
2,684 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
Sorry btw. I’m not hugely techy so may just be incompetent 😁

About This Thread

Maintained by Sorequads
Morning everyone. I have had a search to help with this, but couldn't quite find what I was loo...