Upload from apple watch

17 watchers
Mar 2023
10:18pm, 21 Mar 2023
53 posts
  •  
bobbob
Ok, so the HealthFit app is brilliant for pushing .fit files to Dropbox or OneDrive. Is there even a semi-automated way to get those to fetch beyond remembering to manually upload one at a time?
Oct 2023
11:03pm, 31 Oct 2023
462 posts
  •  
mattglen_
I'm currently failing to share apple watch files to Garmin via Run Gap app. Is there anyone else who uses this method? Not sure if it's just me
Oct 2023
11:09pm, 31 Oct 2023
463 posts
  •  
mattglen_
I've bypassed the issue by downloading the GPX file from Run Gap and manually uploading to Fetch. I hope I can fix the Run Gap to Garmin issue because it's an important step in automating the upload to Fetch.
Nov 2023
6:45am, 1 Nov 2023
148,620 posts
  •  
GregP
I used to use rungap - now do exactly the same thing with a FIT from HealthFit - it seems a wee bit more reliable
Dec 2023
3:55pm, 13 Dec 2023
32,001 posts
  •  
macca 53
Newbie Apple Watch user ahoy! I have managed to sync stuff into Rungap (and it has gone to Garmin Connect - yay me!!).

The problem for me to solve now is the watch tracks using the Maps app within my watch/iphone and that doesn’t go over to either (all) Rungap, Garmin connect and obviously not to Fetch! Easily fixable??
Dec 2023
4:04pm, 13 Dec 2023
149,679 posts
  •  
GregP
That's odd. Had no such trouble when I used RunGap - certainly not experiencing problems with HealthFit.
Dec 2023
2:59pm, 14 Dec 2023
32,003 posts
  •  
macca 53
[and sorted!]
Dec 2023
3:07pm, 14 Dec 2023
149,699 posts
  •  
GregP
Hurrah!
13 Feb
5:41pm, 13 Feb 2024
68 posts
  •  
FatRayToSlim
Here is how I have to get my data into Fetch from my brand new Apple Watch Series 9 curtesy of a Vitality Health Insurance deal.
1. I linked Apple Health on my iPhone to strava allowing 2 way read and write. Just tested today with a walk and can see it on Strava.
2. Within strava in a browser view, I opened the walk, then pressed the 3 dots on the left. This shows export options. I used the GPX one, then downloaded this to my iPad (I guess this would work on a PC of phone too).
3. Opened FetchEveryone and located import training, and found the recently downloaded GPX file and imported it. I then deleted the download on the iPad to save memory.
This worked and I could see my track details in Who’s Square Wins game for instance. I guess this would also work by downloading from strava the 'Original File' that looks like a FIT file.
It’s a bit cumbersome.
If only FetchEveryone could pick up tracks from Apple Health directly automatically.
23 Mar
5:31pm, 23 Mar 2024
5,550 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
I don’t know what possessed me to buy an Apple Watch, but I did. So now I’m going to get the most out of it. I don’t run that much but my elderly garmin recently died in a way that rendered it unusable. So I read this thread, downloaded RunGap, watched a video on U Tube from a very nice American man explaining how it worked, paid the annual fee of £9.99, and OMG it works. It acts as an interface between Apple and garmin and it actually works. I did it, technically inept though I am. All my runs for this year have transferred from Apple to Garmin and onwards to Fetch, and I don’t need any more watches. I might need to go on the app and press sync once in a while but otherwise I’m sorted for the next year. So it does work.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sorequads
Morning everyone. I have had a search to help with this, but couldn't quite find what I was loo...