Unofficial London Marathon

4 watchers
Apr 2013
3:02pm, 11 Apr 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
RoamingAndy
Firstly I admit it, I am an imposter. I only joined the forum to post this. I hope no-one minds, as I think it will hopefully interest some of you.

I've just recovered from a very long injury and needed a challenge to get back into shape. I applied for the London Marathon, but it was of-course booked up long, long ago. They raise a lot of money for charity which is great, but its a shame it's so difficult to get into. i realised I could run it anyway by simply running the same route a few weeks later ..so I am and I want to invite everyone to join me

Date: Sunday May 12th.

More details: facebook.com

I'm doing it regardless who else comes, but i'd really love some company, so please join me, and if you know anyone else who might be interested let them know. Get donations, run for a charity, or just for fun like me, for any reason at all. just do half or one quarter; bring a bicycle, roller blades, a pogo stick along ..it really doesnt matter, there are no rules!

I do also run a social enterprise organising community events in the city. This is not really related, but if lots of people decide to join in I'll organise things a little more and set up a proper party in the park afterwards to look forward to.
Apr 2013
3:30pm, 11 Apr 2013
180 posts
  •  
Andy39
Mmmm. Not really the same though is it? :)
Apr 2013
3:33pm, 11 Apr 2013
5,804 posts
  •  
simbil
Sounds more fun than the real thing, good idea :)
Apr 2013
3:42pm, 11 Apr 2013
181 posts
  •  
Andy39
Does that mean you're in simbil?
Apr 2013
3:44pm, 11 Apr 2013
946 posts
  •  
monsenb1
nice idea, good luck with it..
Apr 2013
4:14pm, 11 Apr 2013
850 posts
  •  
MillieB
I've ran the route alone twice in the past. Will see how I'm feeling and possibly join you for some of it
Apr 2013
4:16pm, 11 Apr 2013
4,864 posts
  •  
becca7
Nice idea. I like running round London but I have a club training weekend then. Good luck with it.
Apr 2013
4:52pm, 11 Apr 2013
743 posts
  •  
Lorraine
So tempted but I will have literally just finished the Moonwalk :-)
Apr 2013
8:08pm, 11 Apr 2013
28,602 posts
  •  
Foxy
running the Widermere marathon route that day - enjoy :)
Apr 2013
2:15am, 24 Apr 2013
204 posts
  •  
Craig_
I always wondered what would happen if you printed your own race number for the London Marathon and just ran it. It's so busy it must be impossible to tell. Then at the end, just refuse the medal, sweety bag etc... and apologise if necessary.

I know the Badwater ultramarathon usually has a few unofficial runners - because it so difficult to get a place.

Good idea btw - if I was still in London I definitely do it. :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Firstly I admit it, I am an imposter. I only joined the forum to post this. I hope no-one minds, as ...