Unfeasibly Bright Headlights

2 watchers
Jan 2017
8:57pm, 16 Jan 2017
10,842 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Is it just me or are cars (especially the bigger ones) coming with headlights that are basically more or less on full beam when on their normal setting. The number of times that I am blinded while running is unreal. I almost ran into an unseen bollard tonight as I couldnt see a bloody thing.

Ive noticed it a lot while out in the car as well. These lights are verging on the unsafe.

Rant over
Jan 2017
9:36pm, 16 Jan 2017
1,589 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Yes.
But, with LEDs moving on. You can too join in with the unfeasibly bright fun. Get a high lumen head torch. Angle it toward the ground and any inconsiderate driver approaches, look up a little to give them your "full beam" :-)

Successfully get car drivers to dip their lights this way by acting like a car :-p
Jan 2017
11:48pm, 16 Jan 2017
27,630 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I suspect the effect is caused by there being more 'Chelsea Tractors' on the road with their headlights positioned relatively higher up

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bazoaxe
Is it just me or are cars (especially the bigger ones) coming with headlights that are basically mor...