Unaffiliated runners and new UKA rules - what does it mean?

2 watchers
Mar 2016
11:06pm, 24 Mar 2016
41 posts
  •  
Wrenrunner
Hi I've never joined a club because I run from work / home and find it hard to make evening meetings. But I do like to run the odd race as an unaffiliated runner. I saw there are new rules about all runners needing to be registered to run races under UKA rules. Will this impact me running in races like the great eastern half marathon? Thanks for your help 😀
Mar 2016
11:10pm, 24 Mar 2016
7,080 posts
  •  
Badger
It looks as though it's about making sure that club runners are centrally registered, but won't affect non-affiliated runners doing standard road races and not competing for a club.
mklr.org.uk and links therein.
Mar 2016
7:22am, 25 Mar 2016
11,390 posts
  •  
Ultracat
In Scotland we pay directly to Scottish Athletics. According to article it affects only those in England.
Mar 2016
8:11am, 25 Mar 2016
42 posts
  •  
Wrenrunner
Thanks Badger really helpful. Have a great day 😀
Mar 2016
9:59pm, 27 Mar 2016
158 posts
  •  
hurricanehamlyn
Agree with Badger. Basically if you belong to a club, to represent that Club and count towards a team prize for example you much be registered as an individual. If you aren't a member of a club and enter as an unaffiliated athlete nothing changes.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Wrenrunner
Hi I've never joined a club because I run from work / home and find it hard to make evening meeting...