Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc

47 watchers
Sep 2022
8:52pm, 4 Sep 2022
20,704 posts
  •  
flanker
I thought it was just me that hated the descent from Scarth Gap! Seen some quite nasty falls on it in the dark over the years.

I'd always assumed UTMB would be far harder than Lakeland due to the length of the climbs, so quite surprised. Could almost be tempted. Almost.
Sep 2022
8:22am, 5 Sep 2022
17,237 posts
  •  
NDWDave
It took me 10 hours longer and those 10 hours were pretty harrowing. A couple of massive climbs in the sun versus being tucked up in tent at the finish

Would be interesting to get other people’s views
Jan 2023
5:14am, 10 Jan 2023
1,832 posts
  •  
Gromit
Good luck to anyone in the ballot …. If I’ve got the dates correct it’s drawn today πŸ’ͺ
Jan 2023
10:02am, 10 Jan 2023
1,833 posts
  •  
Gromit
Anyone get in ? I didn't but thats ok as now i can have a nice relaxing week in Cham watching it all unfold.
Jan 2023
10:19am, 10 Jan 2023
74 posts
  •  
aussiescall
I have a place for CCC deffered to this year but just realised I need to complete my registration by 20th but have to attach my medical certificate (dated no more than a year) Silly me thought I'd have a bit more time to get an updated one! The hoops you have to jump through.

Also have to have search and rescue insurance which I don't remember being a requirement (although understandable) previously. Looks like you can buy theirs if you don't happen to have any πŸ˜‰πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°
Jan 2023
10:28am, 10 Jan 2023
1,834 posts
  •  
Gromit
I've always had to get the insurance, certainly for the last 5/6years or so ......... they've never asked for proof tho, recent deaths will have them being a little more "twitchy" about such things........
Jan 2023
10:52am, 10 Jan 2023
9,378 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I can't remember it being an entry requirement, but for the cost it's got to be a good idea getting insurance - rescue helicopters are very expensive. I remember it was cost-effective to join the BMC just to take advantage of their insurance, cheaper than buying one-off.
Jan 2023
11:18am, 10 Jan 2023
3,579 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
I have a place for CCC deffered to this year but just realised I need to complete my registration by 20th but have to attach my medical certificate (dated no more than a year) Silly me thought I'd have a bit more time to get an updated one!

Time to get creative with your scanner? After all it's a rather worthless box ticking exercise and I'm sure your GP has better things to do at the moment.
Jan 2023
11:51am, 10 Jan 2023
75 posts
  •  
aussiescall
flyingfinn Genius! I did wonder who was checking all these doctors existπŸ˜‰
Jan 2023
3:31pm, 10 Jan 2023
17,855 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I have a place for CCC deffered to this year but just realised I need to complete my registration by 20th but have to attach my medical certificate (dated no more than a year) Silly me thought I'd have a bit more time to get an updated one! The hoops you have to jump through. Also have to have search and rescue insurance which I don't remember being a requirement (although understandable) previously. Looks like you can buy theirs if you don't happen to have any πŸ˜‰πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’° To complete the registration, you also need to give them your tshirt size and when you are going to collect your bib… and sign the runners code of honour

About This Thread

Maintained by Binks
5 more days to get your name in the hat.

ultratrailmb.com