Ultra-Trail Du Mont-Blanc

47 watchers
Sep 2022
2:23pm, 1 Sep 2022
1,798 posts
  •  
Gromit
I'd already decided to book the week in Chamonix for 2023 to enjoy watching the races as part of my "big birthday year" i get my choice of holidays all year ;-)
Then i got an email encouraging me to check my account ......... to my surprise I can enter for the next two years ....... as i'm not really going to be doing loads more big paid for events so i'll not be eligible after 2024 i figured i might as well ......... in it to win it (well finish) obvs only the OCC again ;-)
Sep 2022
4:53pm, 1 Sep 2022
64 posts
  •  
aussiescall
Gromit can you see exact dates of each race anywhere? All I've found is the following "Taking place from 28 August to 3 September 2023"
Sep 2022
4:57pm, 1 Sep 2022
65 posts
  •  
aussiescall
Ignore me, found CCC is 1/9
Sep 2022
5:06pm, 1 Sep 2022
9,104 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I would love to be able to do the OCC next year, I don't think I have the qualifying events though :-(
Sep 2022
5:25pm, 1 Sep 2022
1,799 posts
  •  
Gromit
NE defo have a look at your profile ( you might need to re-register) they gave out a load of the β€œstones” to previous runners … you might be surprised πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Worth a look ?
Sep 2022
8:53pm, 1 Sep 2022
9,105 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Really? Thanks for that, I'll take a look πŸ™‚
Sep 2022
10:06am, 2 Sep 2022
9,106 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
You were right Gromit, I had to re-register. Unfortunately I don't have any stones, I am not sure how the system works now. There were some kind of UTMB credit points (ITRA?) from the race I did a few months back in the Pyrenees, but I don't think it would be enough to make an OCC entry viable :-(
Sep 2022
11:04am, 2 Sep 2022
3,443 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
Not sure why but I also seem to have received a 'free' stone as well (possibly because I had a Val d'Aran entry that I never used because of the pandemic???). Unfortunately as I haven't done an index earning race in nearly 3 years it's currently no use to me. It is valid until 2024 though...
Sep 2022
11:16am, 2 Sep 2022
67 posts
  •  
aussiescall
So flyingfinn, is it tempting you to do an index race? πŸ™‚ UTMB told me I just had to complete at least one index race of at least the "50km" tier (which I did this year, not sure when deadline was) to keep my deferred CCC entry valid for 2023 (which is the latest I can defer). I have no running stones though. All very confusing.
Sep 2022
11:30am, 2 Sep 2022
3,444 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
@aussiecall not especially. If I was to do a race that gave me an index I might look at going back to Chamonix for a UTMB race but I'm not going to do a particular race just to get an index. I'm simply not that bothered about running a UTMB race. My only slight interest I guess is driven by moving up an age category next year and wondering about chasing a top ten age category finish at CCC. The times required for that this year looked very doable and in 2016 I managed a 12th at TDS despite having a pretty indifferent race.

About This Thread

Maintained by Binks
5 more days to get your name in the hat.

ultratrailmb.com