Night-owl
Oh wow words alone cannot say how brilliant that is well done 👏 👏👏👏👏👏

Well done Hammy
Jul 2022
10:57am, 23 Jul 2022
5,162 posts
  •  
Snoot
Incredible RunHammyRun fantastic result :-)
Jul 2022
12:50pm, 23 Jul 2022
15,417 posts
  •  
Badger
Wow. Very well done Hammy!

Thanks jelly - hope to be back next year for the whole 100k
Jul 2022
4:18pm, 23 Jul 2022
25,871 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Hammy is having a good season :)
Congratulations RunHammyRun bunting
Jul 2022
9:19am, 24 Jul 2022
17,091 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Trin finished with 15 minutes to spare
Jul 2022
3:39pm, 25 Jul 2022
1,505 posts
  •  
paulcook
Returning to Ashley Paulson, it seems like further investigation has upheld her legit result.

marathoninvestigation.com
Jul 2022
4:43pm, 25 Jul 2022
1,214 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
I fear the damage is done - far too many on Facebook and the like of the "once a cheat always a cheat" mentality are happy to believe the first story MI put out but not the second one.
Jul 2022
5:31pm, 25 Jul 2022
1,509 posts
  •  
paulcook
That's a very good point Sam. And maybe soured the result generally.

Particularly I note this from MI's conclusion.

"I stand by my initial assertion that the scrutiny was justified. Record breaking results should be validated, and doubts should be alleviated as much as possible when questions are raised.

Finally, I hope that the community will fully accept that Ashley ran legitimately and recognize her achievement. It was my goal, that at the end of the process, that the community would have more confidence in the final results, had it been left for debate solely on message boards and social media."

While I probably acknowledge the first paragraph, it's very sad that the process on this occasion has taken the form of, she's cheated unless we prove otherwise. Or at least, that's how it appears from the outside looking in.
Jul 2022
6:36pm, 25 Jul 2022
59,010 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Even on Letsrun there appeared to be as many people pointing out that it would have been harder to cheat in any of the ways she was being accused of cheating (and some bizarre ideas were being thrown around) without there being clear evidence of that cheating than it would have been to run the race in the time she ran it. But even once MI had said the result was legit there was still a bit of, "Yeah, maybe, but doping, you haven't checked for doping, ha ha gotcha!"

Ashley Paulson is clearly a very talented athlete and I hope this episode does disappear in the midst of time.
Jul 2022
6:37pm, 25 Jul 2022
59,011 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
*mists*

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
Any upcoming races you want putting in the header then drop me (Rosehip) an Fmail & I'll put it in

Spine tracker

live.opentracking.co.uk

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.