•  
Rosehip
facebook.com
Oct 2021
7:59pm, 18 Oct 2021
23,148 posts
  •  
Dave A
Well done NDWDave. I had a look at the rules earlier for the race. Brutal 😀 I think they are brilliant. A subtle way of saying don’t enter unless you are likely to finish.
And the start numbers reflected that too.
Oct 2021
8:02pm, 18 Oct 2021
15,835 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I think the highlight was someone asking the RD (stood next to a camping stove with a kettle on it) asking if there was any hot water. The reply was “there is but it’s not for you”.
Oct 2021
8:05pm, 18 Oct 2021
23,723 posts
  •  
Serendippily
I enjoyed the “90% of you won’t make it” motivational post on Facebook at the start :-)
Oct 2021
12:34am, 19 Oct 2021
15,845 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Vic also ran it all in vibram five fingers.

She’s been running mostly barefoot lately, she had an issue with her foot in the tunnel run so pulled. I am in awe of her. I can manager marathon distance in vibrams but that’s still on the edge.

Did you see she did th accumulator in January but with a twist she had to pull a number out a hat it was x 2 (or something) so she actually ran 31m per day all of January mostly around her garden!

She works, home schools full time and looks after her disabled brother oh and has a veg plot to feed the fam too! Some people are super human.
Oct 2021
8:46am, 19 Oct 2021
684 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Overawed by these awesome folks in the Lon Las. Using it as inspiration for my entry in the Track 100 on Halloween weekend. If these guys can keep going for nearly 90 hours on that terrain then surely I can plod for 25 on a flat bouncy running track.

Reminds me I'd better book a hotel for the Friday night - don't fancy driving up from Briz Vegas first thing and then running
Oct 2021
9:21am, 19 Oct 2021
20,073 posts
  •  
flanker
up to the 69th yard in the BigDogUltra. 3 left...
Oct 2021
9:51am, 19 Oct 2021
1,833 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Well done at Lon Las sounds awesome.
Oct 2021
2:22pm, 19 Oct 2021
1,579 posts
  •  
jelly (limegreenjelly)
How’s the training going The Mussile?

Do you have a plan?

St Ives is an hour and 40 minutes from! I’m getting the husband to drive me up and drop me off! Him and the youngest will have to go off and amuse themselves until I’m done!

I booked this thing in a moment of madness during lockdown!
Oct 2021
2:30pm, 19 Oct 2021
687 posts
  •  
The Mussile
Jelly, Training has been limited, struggled over the summer with a family bereavement and achilles pain. Did 80km at conti 24hr on a much tougher surface in July where I struggled with heat and a few blisters - problems will be different here but feel 80k there is worth more here

Plan for the race is slow and steady. Run 3 (or 4) laps and then walk 1. Really just want to stay ahead of the 4mph needed to finish although this is a bit of a mental exercise and I would like to keep going for the full 25 regardless of distance covered.

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
Any upcoming races you want putting in the header then drop me (Rosehip) an Fmail & I'll put it in

Spine tracker

live.opentracking.co.uk

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.