1 watcher
drj
Mar 2018
3:39pm, 5 Mar 2018
26 posts
  •  
drj
Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for a "short" Ultra say 30 to 40 miles ish, trail rather than real off road ideally and suited for beginners. I reckon a bit of walking will be needed to keep us together as want to enter as a family event. Mid year sometime. Pretty relaxed with location but I'm Lancashire and fellow runner is South Midlands.

Separately I'd like to dip my toe into multi day, 2 or 3 days, A bit more on the wild side. Not one of these 25 miles a day over 2 days with entertainment at a Butlins type mid race stopover. More the bivvy bag in the hills. A mini Cape Wrath Ultra?

cheers
Mar 2018
3:42pm, 5 Mar 2018
19,031 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
The Nomad near Long Eaton has a 50k and a 50 mile option, and seems very friendly.
Mar 2018
3:54pm, 5 Mar 2018
4,072 posts
  •  
larkim
Sandstone Trail - Whitchurch to Frodsham (Cheshire), 33 miles, options for walkers as well as runners. Sold out for this year, and sells out very very rapidly (all 125 runner places were gone by 9:30am on the day it went live), but in terms of where you are located it's spot on between Lancs and S Mids. Very friendly, coach from the finish to the start, pie and peas at the finsh, nice route and not overly taxing.
Mar 2018
3:55pm, 5 Mar 2018
4,073 posts
  •  
larkim
helsbyrunningclub.org.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by drj