Ultra marathon...

4 watchers
Nov 2012
2:34pm, 8 Nov 2012
27 posts
  •  
runninggirl36
your pacing ideas sound good, I havent even thought about mine yet and last years marathon pacing thoughts all went out of the window when it became clear the weather was going to make it a rough run ! I have vivd memories of my family waiting at Altrincham half wayish mark being dressed in full waterproofs ! ! they nearly packed their arm bands ! It really cannot be that bad next year ! thats the hope Im clinging to anyway. In the spirit of fetchie you are more than welcome to borrow my son to throw supplies to you- he s a very good shot haha !
Nov 2012
2:38pm, 8 Nov 2012
14 posts
  •  
GazOC
ha! Cheers for the offer. Manchester last year really was hellish wasn't it? I got a big PB but I think part of that was just not wanting to get back in the warm ASAP!! Over the next week or so I had people asking me how "the run" went but I just couldn't do justice to what the conditions were like.
Nov 2012
2:54pm, 8 Nov 2012
28 posts
  •  
runninggirl36
no probs :D - It was my first marathon and in the last say 5 miles I really slowed down as I was soooo cold ! I went to one of the portaloos at I think mile 19 and I nearly had to yell the marshall outside to give me a hand pulling my tights up as my fingers just would not obey my command haha ! I was that desperate to get my dry clothes on after I wrapped the space blanket round and stripped in the street, people did not believe I did that ! It was also the day my Mum discovered an additional tattoo Id had done.. oops !

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I am considering doing the Ladybower ultra next year in sept ( 35m not the 50 !! ) and I am in limb...