1 watcher
Sep 2013
9:23pm, 15 Sep 2013
2 posts
  •  
plewis26.2
Movember Milo Miles challenge
Run the dates 1 thru 30 November

So run 1 mile [or more] 1st November / 2 miles [or more] 2nd November / 3 miles [or more] 3rd November … all the way up to 30 miles [or more] on the 30th November.

It is not expected that many will complete successfully, but it is reasoned that reasonably fit runners should be able to get to November 12th / 13th?

So that more may take part, when a day is missed or not achieved runners can start again from 1 mile, 2 miles, 3 miles, so any ability can take part even if they end up simply doing 1.2.3.4 miles then repeating every day throughout the month. It is also permissible to split a day’s mileage [eg November 16th could be two 8 mile runs that day, November 20th could be two 10 mile runs or four 5 mile runs that day etc. As long as the day\'s mileage is completed. The minimum total distance for the month is therefore 465 miles.
Sep 2013
9:27pm, 15 Sep 2013
574 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
What do I win? Or is this an organised thing that I have never heard of?

Belated welcome to fetch :)
Sep 2013
10:03pm, 15 Sep 2013
3 posts
  •  
plewis26.2
Completely self administered and verified. If you blog/post your details so much the better. I trailed this on Dailymiles.com last year and was the only one of 6 starters to complete. This year I consider it to be a pilot event. I hope eventually it might be a global event. It is in November so it is also a great opportunity to raise funds for the Movember charity if so desired.

The prize is 'wobbly legs for a week' to all that complete haha :-)
If you find the challenge interesting please spread the word ...
Sep 2013
10:24pm, 15 Sep 2013
4 posts
  •  
plewis26.2
Ps would you know how I go about challenging ALL the ultra group in one go?
Sep 2013
11:31am, 19 Sep 2013
579 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
Sorry hadn't put this thread on 'watch'. No idea how to do that I'm afraid - you could try summoning Lord Fetch - just say his name three times ;)

Or you could drop him an fmail, just in case that doesn't work :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by plewis26.2
Movember Milo Miles challenge
Run the dates 1 thru 30 November

So run 1 mile [or more] 1st Novem...