Two questions about the training log

1 watcher
Dec 2013
3:56pm, 28 Dec 2013
241 posts
  •  
LindsD
I'm really sorry if this is me being dim (I fear it is....)

1. Why, when a race is in my plan, do the miles run not drop into my log once I enter a time? I have to re-enter it as training.

2. Why, when I enter a parkrun as 5k, does it then store in my log as 3.11 miles and knock a couple of seconds off my time for the 5k time?

Thank you....
SPR
Dec 2013
4:20pm, 28 Dec 2013
18,961 posts
  •  
SPR
1. I assume is because the plan was auto filled by the race entry, but Fetch hasn't made it so that it also fills the log when the date passes. It would be a good function to add though.

2. Is just roundings, if you changed your log to view in KM it would be correct.
Dec 2013
4:51pm, 28 Dec 2013
243 posts
  •  
LindsD
Thank you!
Dec 2013
5:22pm, 28 Dec 2013
212 posts
  •  
southcoastclaret
If you include plenty of decimal places then 1km = 0.621371192 miles.

When you multiply it by 5 you get 3.10685596miles etc therefore as SPR says if rounding to 2 dp you would round up. Out of interest the difference is only 5.05 (and a bit) metres so is totally insignificant compared to the variation you will get from not following the exact racing line.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
I'm really sorry if this is me being dim (I fear it is....)

1. Why, when a race is in my plan, d...