Dec 2019
10:24pm, 10 Dec 2019
23,152 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Share the snacks you've invented.

Mine are:

Mackmite Sandwich
Two rounds of marmite on toast, with a tin of mackerel between.

Mexican Hula
A packet of ready salted Hula Hoops, with a splash of sweet chilli sauce.

*The name of the thread comes from (I think) nineties drink combinations e.g. Blastaway (Diamond White + Castaway).
JCB
Dec 2019
3:36am, 11 Dec 2019
860 posts
  •  
JCB
Legendary supreme sandwich. Technically invented by my 10 year old. Two slices of bread. Add tomato sauce on both slices, and on only one: mustard, crispy dried onion, bac'uns vegetarian bits, parmesan (almond meal, nutritional yeast, garlic powder), tofurkey slice. Put together and microwave for 15 seconds.
Dec 2019
6:39am, 11 Dec 2019
2,481 posts
  •  
OTannenbaumMike
The Sardine Morning Stinker Omelette. Drove my youngest son mad when he came down for breakfast as the kitchen was truly fishy.
Recipe:
Early 2.5km run

Then mix up omelette
Add a tinned of crushed sardines
A generous helping of pepper and turmeric
Cook
Eat
Smell
PK
Dec 2019
6:43am, 11 Dec 2019
103 posts
  •  
PK
Not quite a snack, more of a lunch thing,

Toodles

Mild curry Supernoodles with tuna chunks added.

(Lots of protein and carbs!!!)
Dec 2019
6:55am, 11 Dec 2019
9,266 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Grandsons favourite is tuna/cheese mayo

An old favourite was cottage cheese, beetroot and marmite sandwich
Dec 2019
7:02am, 11 Dec 2019
10,819 posts
  •  
NDWDave
My mum’s was a sandwich made up with two slices of toast covered in peanut butter and sliced tomato
Dec 2019
7:03am, 11 Dec 2019
35,467 posts
  •  
Nellers
Can I claim one that I didn't invent or name but have made my own? Well I'm going to anyway.

I follow a rowing Youtuber who refuels after morning training with toast, baked beans and scrambled egg. The actual snack isn't anything unusual but he got tongue-tied when he first explained it to his viewers, bless him, so this culinary delight is now known as "Breaded Egg Toast", which makes no sense at all but really hits the spot after a hard training sesh.
Dec 2019
7:53am, 11 Dec 2019
24,908 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I have no snack but I was a big fan of Blastaway early doors.
Dec 2019
7:54am, 11 Dec 2019
4,934 posts
  •  
Sweetie
Not a snack, or indeed my own invention, but the topic reminded me that a few years ago my OH was really into using a slow cooker and he'd find a pile of ingredients that needed using up, chuck everything in and leave it for hours until it turned into a homogenized sludge. He could never remember what ingredients he'd used so the kids and I would describe it by colour.
Thankfully the recipe for his Grurple (greeny-purple) has been lost forever but he did once make quite an astounding 'Brown'. :-)
Dec 2019
7:55am, 11 Dec 2019
11,442 posts
  •  
Garfield
Cheese spread and marmalade sandwich was an old favourite of mine years ago.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Share the snacks you've invented.

Mine are:

Mackmite Sandwich
Two rounds of marmite on t...