Trying to Move House/Flat

29 watchers
Nov 2019
9:45pm, 12 Nov 2019
20,607 posts
  •  
Meglet
The previous occupants of my house must have had a mail direction for a year because then I got all their mail. Including stuff that looked official like bank documents and HMRC! I started returning to sender (I never had a forwarding address) and now, a year later, it’s pretty much dried up. Some were persistent and needed sending several times with increasingly snotty messages, I think one I rang (hardware store, offers and magazines weekly)
Nov 2019
9:49pm, 12 Nov 2019
7,795 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
We have a year redirect and try to update anything that comes with a redirect label.
No we didn't take the pizza. We are nice honest people.
Nov 2019
10:43pm, 12 Nov 2019
20,608 posts
  •  
Meglet
I used to occasionally get calls for a taxi firm. Usually about 1am. I really wish I'd been less honest so I could have said 'where to love? yes 15 minutes' (Though they'd have probably just rung me back 15 mins later!)
Dec 2019
1:42pm, 9 Dec 2019
6,953 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
House back on market, here we go again. I am currently between jobs so have the time to organise / clean the house like a nutter despite having a bad back so bending is hard work.

This means we may end up renting somewhere in London before buying. Still gives us a chance to work out what we want.
Dec 2019
12:07am, 12 Dec 2019
7,846 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Good luck
Jan 2020
11:37am, 1 Jan 2020
7,023 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Got a full price offer just before Xmas. A short chain but the estate agent is as confident as they can that this buyer is serious.

We plan to rent in London initially as I have only just got a new job which starts tomorrow, so doubtless will need a few payslips etc to get a mortgage. Hopefully we both won’t be commuting for too long, as it’s 3-4 hours / day each, plus our industries (Financial Services and Law) have fairly long hours themselves
Jul 2020
12:15pm, 17 Jul 2020
7,467 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Since my last post a lot has happened.

Chain collapsed due to covid, now back on again as the people who pulled out originally reversed their decision.

I’m no longer moving to London, as my marriage has ended. When I sell I’m going to rent somewhere locally until I work out where I want to move to (away from Reading to somewhere cheaper probably).

I’ve been due to exchange every day this week, completion is on the 29th. The issue appears to be some blokes funding is stuck in Ghana. No progress in the past 48 hours leads me to expect the worst. I’ve been here before.

In the meantime I need to find somewhere to live assuming I do move and van all the stuff I won’t be keeping in my new place to my folks garage. My ex collects the rest of her stuff tomorrow which will make the task easier.
Jul 2020
1:01pm, 17 Jul 2020
4,707 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
Wishing you the best of luck, TMW, fingers tightly crossed that it all goes through this time
Jul 2020
1:16pm, 17 Jul 2020
5,006 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Sorry to hear that TMW. Hope you'll be happy in a new place.

It puts my gripe about tidying up in preparation for a viewing into perspective. Although my back really hurts and I just had to clean dog shit out of a outside dustbin. I don't own a dog. I'm not doing that again.
Jul 2020
11:45pm, 22 Jul 2020
7,476 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Well nearly a week on and there’s been no exchange and the person lower down the chain who is causing the delay appears to have gone quiet.

Tomorrow I need to advise everyone that if we don’t exchange by Friday we need to delay the completion date. I can hardly sign a rental contract until exchange is done.

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
It’s nesting season!