TRX/suspension training programmes?

6 watchers
Oct 2015
9:05pm, 18 Oct 2015
4,501 posts
  •  
Cuddy
Hello all :-) I've just got my own suspension trainer: amazon.co.uk

...but it comes without any example training programmes. While I can Google some exercises and training programmes, I can easily see myself going a little overboard to start with, so I wondered does anyone else use them? How much did you start with? Any specific exercises you found really good?

Ta :-)
Oct 2015
7:39pm, 19 Oct 2015
5,424 posts
  •  
Jambomo
I am not familiar enough to know of a TRX plan but I know that many gyms and PT use them. Could you get a one off plan from them and do that? I went to a TRX class and it was amazing, sadly it was too expensive to keep up but yeah, you feel it enough doing a normal session so you don't want to overdo it.
Oct 2015
8:29pm, 19 Oct 2015
4,502 posts
  •  
Cuddy
Thanks Jambomo. Actually my gym has them too but no classes, just the trainers use them. I wanted a set for home for quick workouts and for err...not falling on my face in public 😜 Maybe the trainers won't notice when I casually stalk them during their sessions...

I did a bit yesterday, triceps sore today but nothing else which is surprising, thought I might split something during plank to a pathetically little knee tucks!
Jan 2020
1:56pm, 3 Jan 2020
14,616 posts
  •  
Rosehip
*bump*

I couldn't resist one of these in the sales - mine came with a link to membership of TRX and some instructions/videos to follow.
I haven't had a go yet...

Is anyone still using this and if so how are you getting on?
Jan 2021
8:14pm, 3 Jan 2021
6,220 posts
  •  
AdrianB1066
Strangely coincidental I got mine out from the dark recesses of the kit cupboard today as the gym is currently shut.

I only used it a few times years ago so will probably have a play with it later in the week.
Jan 2021
8:20pm, 3 Jan 2021
45,880 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
I've had one for a while but haven't used it of late.
It came with a little booklet but YouTube is, so I'm told, the place to look for example sessions
Jan 2021
8:28pm, 3 Jan 2021
6,221 posts
  •  
AdrianB1066
Just sorted mine out & found the little booklet. Going to do the “Basic” routine tomorrow. Will blog the routine pm.
Jan 2021
10:02pm, 3 Jan 2021
6,223 posts
  •  
AdrianB1066
Planning this for the morning from the included booklet.

Basic Routine 30 seconds work, 50 seconds rest.
1. Single Leg Squat (30 secs per side)
2. Balance Lunge (30 secs per side)
3. Hamstring Curl
4. Hip Abduction
5. Chest Press
6. Back Row
7. Shoulder Raise
8. Bicep Curl
9. Tricep Press
10. Supine Pull Through
11. Oblique Leg Raise (30 secs per side)
12. The Suspended Crunch
Dec 2023
12:27pm, 7 Dec 2023
388 posts
  •  
Pegg
I'm resurrecting this thread! My husband has been looking at TRX for a while. He lives out of his van for a lot of the year, all around the country, and really likes strength training - tricky when you're often on the move.

He showed me a link to a GymProLuxe system but the reviews seem to all say the bands break quite quickly and it's hard to get replacements. So I'm back looking at the TRX. But which 'bit' do I go for as a Christmas gift? Is the TRX Pro4 System the 'starter' bit?

Or is there something else on the market that I should be looking at?

All help appreciated!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cuddy
Hello all :-) I've just got my own suspension trainer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L4YMEA...