Trumpet thread - blow yours here (celebrating whatever achievement you wish!) :-)

36 watchers
Jul 2023
2:01pm, 17 Jul 2023
47,287 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
24? I first met her when she was 9 at cross country, I think. I would have thought she was about 19. Wow. How time flies! £1700 WITH Telematics? Sheesh!
Jul 2023
2:04pm, 17 Jul 2023
47,288 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Went sailing for first time in 15 years a couple weeks ago. 3rd time in 30 years as well really. And going to be doing my RYA dinghy level 2 certificate in a few weeks time. I'll let you know if I pass. I used to be a level 5 (instructor), so I bliddy well should do! :-) G
Jul 2023
2:06pm, 17 Jul 2023
40,922 posts
  •  
Nellers
Yes, I'm a bit concerned that the insurance situation is going to be a problem now. So far it's not too bad with her as a provisional licence holder as she's not driving unsupervised but I suspect it's going to go up today, and then when she adds in commercial use for getting to other customers/clients/patients rather than just commuting to the clinic it's another layer on top of that.

Also if anyone knows any rugby or football teams in South Essex that would want to pay a qualiified Sports Rehab Therapist to work with them she's in the market for that sort of thing now. ;-)
jda
Jul 2023
2:12pm, 17 Jul 2023
15,132 posts
  •  
jda
Interestingly, I got my best quote for new car with black box (hastings) at the ripe old age of 54. It seems very easy to drive well above the required standard. I'm currently scored at 98 out of 100, the warning threshold for poor driving is 40...
Jul 2023
2:16pm, 17 Jul 2023
9,870 posts
  •  
GordonG
Did a 5 mile race yesterday. Aiming for quicker than 47m 30s, with a very outside chance of a Best Case Scenario of 45m.

42m 44s Boom!!!
Jul 2023
2:22pm, 17 Jul 2023
47,290 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
GordonG - boom indeed! Nice time. :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
What milestones or achievements would you like to celebrate that doesn't have a thread somewhere else? Doesn't have to be running. Or even sport. 10 years of cat ownership whithout a poop on the kitchen floor? 2nd place rosette in the regional pro-amateur Morris dancing championships? Your achievement, your rules! Happy Thursday. :-) G