Tripping other runners

7 watchers
Apr 2016
6:11pm, 11 Apr 2016
167 posts
  •  
donran
It's not just the shouty phones. There was a guy next to me for a mile or two of the Edinburgh Marathon last year whose watch was beeping for every flipping stride.

Would have happily tripped the bloke who was behind me most of the way at VMLM with 'Lazy Git' on his running vest. Everyone he ran past seemed to think they were the first one to shout 'come on lazy git' and chuckle. I'm sure even he must have been sick of it by the end.

Sorry, I digress.

It's the ones weaving all over the road with their iPods on that I seem to trip over. I did just about trip someone up at the National Relays last week when he cut across me at a corner. I returned the favour by running him wide at the next one, which I felt bad about and apologised at the end.
Apr 2016
7:24pm, 11 Apr 2016
6,778 posts
  •  
Duchess
(Anyone else who just went to Search to see if there was a Fetchie called Lazy Git.....?)
Apr 2016
7:44pm, 11 Apr 2016
22,811 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I had a similar situation to that at Brighton running near a woman with a T-shirt that said 'Foxy Lady' on it. Everybody - EVERYbody - thought it was hilarious to go 'Foxeee laydeee!'
Apr 2016
8:33pm, 11 Apr 2016
93 posts
  •  
M.ister W
The heavy breathers that are running at exactly the same pace as you so you can't shake them off. Do you slow down, speed up or offer them an inhaler?
Apr 2016
9:54pm, 11 Apr 2016
1,388 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Last VLM I did in 2013, people in front of me started walking from within the first mile. What sort of expected finishing time did they put on their application? No wonder it's congested with people like that.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly
When, if at all, should it be acceptable for "responsible" runners to deliberately trip (or maybe ...