triathalons anyone?

2 watchers
Apr 2016
8:31pm, 16 Apr 2016
60 posts
  •  
tagazou
Hi, I been running for years over 10 years.

A couple of weeks ago did my first 10k, and did ok thanks to kind advice from Fetchies on this forum.

Have now just completed 1st mini triathalon.

Managed to get round and not be too ridiculous, so was quite pleased. but would like to do better next time.
I have no idea about training, or compteting come to that!

So I was wondering if anyone else here does triathalons and could share training advice?
Apr 2016
8:36pm, 16 Apr 2016
4,035 posts
  •  
Winded
There is a thread called Basic Triathlon Questions for Those who Don't know - it has 482 pages. I imagine a lot of your questions will have been answered in it - or will be if you ask them specifically. There is lots of tri experience in Fetch - but it's probably easier for the tri guys if you are more specific in what you want.

Good luck with your triathlons, I did some last year and they were great but I'm a bit injured at the moment so am not doing so much.
Apr 2016
8:36pm, 16 Apr 2016
7,284 posts
  •  
simbil
There's quite a few fetchie triaferletes and a good beginner thread here http://www.fetcheveryone.com/forum__18301__basic_triathlon_questions_from_those_who_dont_know
Apr 2016
10:33pm, 16 Apr 2016
4,891 posts
  •  
Battlecat
General training advice = do a little bit of what you feel like most days.

That's as far as you need to take it if you're doing them for a bit of fun.

Anything more technical then go to the threads mentioned above.

I found it quite hard to get my head around training for all 3 sports and never managed to get a proper training/racing schedule sorted in the same way I could for running so I just do what I want to do. If the weather's really nice and I was planning a run then I might swap it for a bike instead and vice versa.
Apr 2016
1:08pm, 17 Apr 2016
61 posts
  •  
tagazou
Hi evryone thanks for the feedback, I did do have a look around before posting, but didn't find anything. Obviously didn't look well enough.

So thanks a lot simbull I will have a look at the thread you mention.

Winded I hope you get over your injuries soon, and back into training! I will see if I can find the thread you mention
and thanks Battlecat sounds like good advice,

so thanks guys!
Apr 2016
1:39pm, 17 Apr 2016
2,323 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Where do you live tagazou? What is your local club like? Ours is really friendly and beginner focussed and is fantastically helpful and supportive. I've just been to a Level 1 nervous beginners group cycle training and there are three other levels of cycle groups out there right up to skinny people sucking gels while pedalling swiftly up hills. Some triathlon groups can, I believe, be a bit sniffy and elitist (the one near my sister all swam off and left her in the sea on her first visit) but it's worth a look.
Apr 2016
5:21pm, 17 Apr 2016
4,040 posts
  •  
Winded
The thread I mentioned is easy to find; just click on the link Simbil was kind enough to provide :-P
Apr 2016
1:33pm, 21 Apr 2016
62 posts
  •  
tagazou
Hi Found the thread thanks, reading my way through it.

I am in Corsica in France. There is a club here, but having difficulty contacting them to get info.

But did a first very mini triathalon last Saturday and managed to finish and wasn't last, despite coming up against things I wasn't really prepared for. it was brilliant!

So now I am hooked, an trying to get hold of somene at the club, I am just hoping that they are friendly!!
sorry delay in replying, been a busy week!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi, I been running for years over 10 years.

A couple of weeks ago did my first 10k, and did ok th...