Tri Fracture of the ankle

2 watchers
Oct 2017
10:37am, 13 Oct 2017
2,503 posts
  •  
Dawnp
Hi

I recently fractured my ankle in three places whilst falling down a hole when running.

I've just come out of the cast and am now waiting for a physio appointment but in the meantime I have a sheet of exercises and am trying to put weight on it gradually.

Really quite scared that it's going to take a long long time to get over this and wondered if anyone else has gone through this and they can give me some hope.

Thanks
Oct 2017
6:11pm, 13 Oct 2017
2,144 posts
  •  
1step2far
I've not suffered this but hope you get up and about quickly. All I would say is make sure you've strengthened the supporting structures well before you start running again. Good luck! ☘
Oct 2017
4:41pm, 14 Oct 2017
933 posts
  •  
Jubear
That’s shitty luck... I did mine 6 years ago, both bones, and real mess of the fibula. I have metalwork now. I was 2 months NWB and 5 months before I tried to run again but 7 months after the accident I did a normal time over 10k.

You can’t rush the early recovery, but there’s definitely life after broken ankle! PM me if you want more info
Oct 2017
8:02pm, 15 Oct 2017
2,508 posts
  •  
Dawnp
Thanks guys. Jubear that gives me some hope that I can get some normality back. Doesn't feel like it at the moment.

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dawnp
Hi

I recently fractured my ankle in three places whilst falling down a hole when running.

I&ap...