Treadmills

11 watchers
Mar 2020
9:16pm, 20 Mar 2020
11,119 posts
  •  
Ness
Mr Ness and I have a Reebok one. This is the current version I think....

sportsdirect.com
Mar 2020
11:50am, 21 Mar 2020
3,845 posts
  •  
westmoors
I have a very old Reebok TR1. Bought on ebay back in 2009 when training for my first marathon.
Mar 2020
1:58pm, 21 Mar 2020
51,223 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
They all seem to be sold out
Mar 2020
2:26pm, 21 Mar 2020
1,636 posts
  •  
auburnette
We've just ordered Nordic Track Commercial 2450, this is a folding model. Expensive new but we have bought a reconditioned one which was a lot more affordable.
Mar 2020
3:25pm, 23 Mar 2020
107 posts
  •  
jomo_richmond
I just splashed out and bought a ProForm Pro 5000 foldable treadmill. It wasn't cheap but it gets very good reviews and I honestly think a lot of my training will have to be done indoors for a while. It looks pretty sturdy (it is taking three guys to deliver it!) and appears suited for doing speed work and decent distance.

I have always preferred running outside but there is a good chance London gets much more aggressive on lockdown than it has to date. It looks like treadmills and gym equipment are getting increasingly tougher to buy online, new or second hand. I originally tried just to rent one but everywhere I checked was out of stock.

I was highly tempted by the Nordictrack 2450 as well, auburnette, but it was beyond my budget.
Mar 2020
3:39pm, 23 Mar 2020
6,142 posts
  •  
M62 Santa
Recommendations look good.

Anyone know a supplier who hasn't sold out? Argos cant deliver to my address.
Mar 2020
4:19pm, 23 Mar 2020
7,277 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I just bought a Sprint 7 from these guys jtxfitness.com but from their website sounds like they are out of stock now. There is an email list for when they have some more. The treadmill itself is nice to run on, its got a folding mechanism (but it still quite big) and goes quick enough for me. The display isn't very good, but you can like it to an iPad for display via Kinomap or you can just use Zwift (if you have a Bluetooth speed input). More than happy yo answer more questions on it if they come back into stock.
Mar 2020
8:50am, 27 Mar 2020
7,296 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I just bought one of these as well npe-inc.com

This is a box which works out treadmill speed, cadence and incline and broadcasts over ANT+ or BT. This allows a dumb treadmill to link to a Garmin watch as a footpod, or a tablet to play Zwift. It works really well.
Mar 2020
6:47pm, 28 Mar 2020
51,270 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Thank you all.
I wouldn't be able to carry one upstairs to the hovel
Mar 2020
8:38pm, 28 Mar 2020
7,302 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
With my treadmill purchase the courier company would carry it to any room in the house. You have to put it together on your own though (but it wasn’t too hard). Main thing was the size of the box, you need a fair bit of space just to unpack it!

About This Thread

Maintained by plodding hippo
So. Looks like I may be stuck in shitty hospital accommodation for the foreseeable.

Can anyone ...