Treadmill Servicing and Repair

2 watchers
Apr 2012
9:09pm, 15 Apr 2012
1,479 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
I was speaking to a friend earlier who runs occasionally and has a treadmill in the garage. Apparently it has started cutting out after about 15 minutes. The whole thing just stops and the power goes off. I *think* it was second hand from ebay and therefore not under any sort of warranty. Would any of you know who she could contact to try to get it fixed? I can't find a 'treadmill repair' section in the yellow pages ;-) thanks
Apr 2012
7:54am, 16 Apr 2012
1,480 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
bump :)
Apr 2012
8:00am, 16 Apr 2012
11,019 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Not sure about repair - maybe contact the manufacturer and see if they have any suggested repairers. It sounds like it's overheating - maybe whatever keeps the motor cool has failed.
Apr 2012
8:06am, 16 Apr 2012
699 posts
  •  
tuga
If you google is going to came loads
Apr 2012
8:15am, 16 Apr 2012
188 posts
  •  
Running Fish
when i've had this happen it's been because the surface of the deck has worn through. it therefore generates a lot more friction as the belt runs over it and the motor has to work harder and cuts out. belts and decks are standard replaceable parts and should be available on the net.
Apr 2012
8:16am, 16 Apr 2012
1,481 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
good thinking thanks :)
Dec 2022
4:06pm, 10 Dec 2022
47,230 posts
  •  
Hark the Herald Angels Synge ♫
I’m looking for advice in relation to a Bremshey Treadline Trail treadmill. I haven’t used it for a couple of years and now it won’t start.

There is some sort of cutout mode which puts it into automatic shutdown if it is left on - or just plugged in - for too long and I think this may have been activated. I have followed the instructions in the handbook which include unplugging it, pressing a “safety switch” (the button below the 16A label - could there be a fuse which had blown in there?) and plugging it in again.

The orange light on the main on/off rocker switch illuminates, but pressing the “power” button on the console has no effect.

I’m about to go googling and youtubing, but wonder if anyone here has any helpful suggestions … 😀

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I was speaking to a friend earlier who runs occasionally and has a treadmill in the garage. Apparen...