BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Transgender Athletes

83 watchers
MsG
6 Jul
4:16pm, 6 Jul 2021
1877 posts
MsG
I think I've commented on this before but DSDs and trans gender athletes (imo) is not comparing like with like and so not helpful.

A recent blog examines the issues of comparing Caster's situation to Hubbard. It recognises the unfairness and difficulty for intersex athletes in competing. There's no easy answer and I found it thought provoking.

The writer has the opinion that biological males should not be competing against bio women.

unherd.com
6 Jul
6:03pm, 6 Jul 2021
1258 posts
RooA
I agree MsG.

DSD athletes are a separate consideration.
6 Jul
6:29pm, 6 Jul 2021
6858 posts
The_Saint
Women with Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome are 46XY but I don't believe anyone informed as to what this means has any issues with them competing. Anyway as you say this is a different topic.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by ThorntonRunner
This thread is prompted by a discussion on the parkrun thread, after the ladies record at a parkrun ...