Training plan help - last four weeks

2 watchers
Sep 2012
8:29am, 11 Sep 2012
12,640 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Tell you what. I'm going to shake my legs out a bit today, then have a three day mini-taper. Possibly scream to a 5k PB at Gateshead Parkrun on Saturday, then I really feel like having a proper go at the GNR.
Sep 2012
8:38am, 11 Sep 2012
2,490 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I've done a lot of YORM-type events in the past (3 Beachy Heads, 6 Hobbles, loads of LDWA events, Wharfedale marathon) and find the quicker I can get moving again the better. I have a dead flat three miler I do on grass the day after the race / event, or the day after that and just jog and walk as best I can. It's amazing how much better I feel for doing it even if it's agony setting off ;-):-O
Sep 2012
8:57am, 11 Sep 2012
1,919 posts
  •  
Anna Bomb
PB at Gateshead park run, thats brave the day before the GNR. Both Newcastle and Riverside parkruns are quicker courses imho
Sep 2012
9:09am, 11 Sep 2012
12,641 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Must check other Parkrun courses then. Suggested Gateshead as monsenb1 invited us to go, but if there's quicker nearer Castle Leazes, then I might do it.

I reckon my 5k PB is soft, though. The course that I set it on has two very tight switchbacks.
Sep 2012
9:29am, 11 Sep 2012
1,920 posts
  •  
Anna Bomb
From castle leazes your closest will be Newcastle parkrun on the Town Moor. As long as its not windy that course is potentially v quick, my parkrun PB was run there. Gateshead and Sunderland are fairly hilly in comparison, Durham is fairly flat but does have a decent section on grass, Riverside is flat with only a short section of grass. All that said however Gateshead is probably one of the prettiest and makes a good challenge.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
Right, I've slightly mistimed things. My A race is Mablethorpe Marathon on Oct 7.

The way things...