Training Plan

6 watchers
Apr 2021
1:51pm, 20 Apr 2021
2,074 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Hi all.

I can't see an existing thread or find Mr Fetch's blog from when he updated the training plan page, so I thought I would start one. (Please direct me to it if one does already exist.)

I don't want to bug Fetch with long rambling feedback so I wanted to check it wasn't me doing something wrong! (see rambling already)

The new training plan page doesn't seem as 'dynamic' as it was before. I'm finding it hard to move sessions about, almost impossible on my mobile. It doesn't update to what you have actually done, so if I run 6 miles instead of 2 miles it doesn't automatically update. Personally, I found this a very useful feature.

It's just not as user friendly as it was, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I used to use the planner quite a bit, but hardly look at it now, which is a shame when it is there.

Perhaps someone more eloquent than me or who understands computery-workings better can help?
Apr 2021
4:40pm, 20 Apr 2021
14,765 posts
  •  
Ness
I don’t know, cackleberry. It’s a part of the site I haven’t used properly. Looking at it though, it’s going to be useful when I do get back into preparing for real races. I’ve just tried it out using my iPad and the training session I created seemed easy enough to move around and duplicate. I’ll leave a few sessions in place and see what happens when I actually do a run. Will get back to you then. First one will be tomorrow morning.
Apr 2021
4:43pm, 20 Apr 2021
298 posts
  •  
RooA
I was confused that my training plan sessions don't seem to move to my log? I thought they used to do so. Or you could manually move them to your log somehow.

But perhaps I'm missing something. I'm a bit rusty.
Apr 2021
4:46pm, 20 Apr 2021
4,148 posts
  •  
StuH
I thought the update has made it easier to manipulate the plan.

But I also miss seeing planned and actual sessions alongside each other (although the way planned and actual were totalled together did irk me)
Apr 2021
4:58pm, 20 Apr 2021
1,997 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
All of my training is input manually so I used to like the fact that the “you have some planned training” prompt used to open the “add training” page automatically.

I also used to like seeing the projected weekly total of ‘actual’ and ‘planned’ mileage in the training log.
Apr 2021
5:38pm, 24 Apr 2021
20,806 posts
  •  
Rosehip
As I understand it, the plan and the log have been made more separate to allow Fetch to do some more changes.
The plan works going forward, but there's no backward view anymore and I don't think planned sessions drop into the log in the way they used to.

I like seeing the volume graph at the top, but wish it would backdate a few weeks as well.
Apr 2021
6:14pm, 24 Apr 2021
14,839 posts
  •  
Ness
I put some sessions into my plan. The interval session this morning, for example. When I logged on to the site to load my data from my Garmin I got a message reminding me about the planned session and asking what I wanted to do with the session. I clicked on the option to move the session on to next week because I plan to do the same thing again.
Apr 2021
4:19pm, 25 Apr 2021
16,552 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I think ease of moving sessions around varies with mobiles - and it could be worth dropping Fetch some feedback about that. I used to be irritated by the duplicate entries so I prefer the separation personally. I use the plan a lot, always have, and think in general the ability to move and copy sessions is better than it was.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by cackleberry
Hi all.

I can't see an existing thread or find Mr Fetch's blog from when he updated the...