Training pace - I don get it ...

27 watchers
Sep 2012
6:44pm, 30 Sep 2012
1,301 posts
  •  
Ian M
MR, I did say it was a highly simplified explanation! The main point being bringing about mitochondria and capillary development and not compromising it.

Stress hormones are part of the picture, also lactate build up.

I was referring to cortisol, something I remembered off the top of my head that's all. ultrunr.com

As I have said before though, there are plenty of books available where people can get all the detail they need. Most folk though just want a quick simple explanation, like run slower and you will get more aerobically fit and as a result will be able to run better.
Sep 2012
7:19pm, 30 Sep 2012
2,713 posts
  •  
Magpie Rob
OK it just sounded the wrong way round to me, like the heart was stimulating hormone release. And I don't think we need to worry too much about hydrocortisone unless we are overtraining. I use HR training and have read the Parker book which I would recommend.

Clatters, I looked at your recent training log. You are a similar age to me and have similar times up to half-marathon. But you don't do nearly enough training if you want to be your best! I am running around 200 miles per month yet you have logged only 268 for the year. You are clearly a gifted runner. With decent base mileage, you would leave me standing! Let's see what you can do...! :)
Sep 2012
8:11pm, 30 Sep 2012
146 posts
  •  
Clatters
Thanks Magpie ..... I'm only too aware I don't do enough training / mileage. With 2 young children, no sleep at night and a full time job it's a wonder I do any at all !! I WANT to do more, because I think (with my new-found knowledge is PROPER training!) I can really look to chop some decent chunks of my various PB's ....

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Clatters
OK, I'm prepared to get shot down in flames here... but here goes anyway !!

Although I've been ...