Training Log Tags

6 watchers
Sep 2017
10:06am, 12 Sep 2017
18,570 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
There's a new feature in the training log - you can add tags to your training entries, to help you search. You can click on a tag, and see all the entries with the same tag. Here's where to look:

I'm in the process of indexing all the old training logs, in an attempt to auto-tag your old training entries. This will end up generating a tag cloud page that looks a bit like this:

You'll probably find that you have some very similar tags e.g. "hills" and "hilly", "pain" and "painful", "great" and "awesome", etc. When viewing a particular tag, you can rename it to whatever you like - so you can amalgamate similar ones in the scheme of your choice.

There's a bit more info on the justification for this feature in my blog: fetcheveryone.com/blog/3/2017/9#blog372458

All comments, suggestions and requests for where to find the voluntary subscription link, gladly received :-)
SPR
Sep 2017
10:23am, 12 Sep 2017
24,851 posts
  •  
SPR
Will there be a way to tag entries from the training log entries view rather than through viewing the individual entries?
Sep 2017
10:25am, 12 Sep 2017
12,586 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I like it! :-)
Sep 2017
10:36am, 12 Sep 2017
18,571 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
SPR - I expect so. It's like any new feature - it takes a little while to knit it in to the fabric :-)
Sep 2017
11:58am, 12 Sep 2017
4,024 posts
  •  
minardi
Where is the voluntary subscription link please? I had a reminder to renew but then lost the link
Sep 2017
11:59am, 12 Sep 2017
18,573 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
If you go to the home page, there's a picture of Katie, with 'Support Us' underneath it. Or you can just go here: fetcheveryone.com/invite.php
Sep 2017
1:04pm, 12 Sep 2017
2,703 posts
  •  
larkim
I'd like the autopopulate bit to include some of the existing categorisation - particularly race and parkrun for example, so that the cloud straight away can bring all of them up. I've been lazy up to this year with my categorisation, but have always flagged races as races, and mostly flagged parkruns as parkruns. But most of my entries from 2011 to 2016 will just be tagged "run".

And also to have the run distance autopopulated in some way so could see all of my 10 mile runs in the same place, for example. I've always wanted some way of filtereing the training log like that (imagining the training log is a spreadsheet in Excel with the "autofilter" applied for example). Perhaps round down runs to the nearest whole number of miles, or round to the nearest number. (would 10.8 miles be tagged "10 miles" or "11 miles"?)

I'd also love to be able to have certain tags applied across many different historic runs at the same time - some way to select multiple runs and apply a tag would be good.
Sep 2017
1:08pm, 12 Sep 2017
18,574 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Yeah, I did wonder about including the existing categories. I probably wouldn't do a 'run' tag, but I think everything other than 'general' would be useful.
Sep 2017
8:33am, 14 Sep 2017
2,714 posts
  •  
larkim
Given that to tag an entry you don't need to click "edit" on a specific run (makes tagging very easy when reviewing a run), would it be at all possible to add a column in the standard training log view with a box to add a tag to a run there, so I could cycle through a whole load of runs quickly and get the tags up and running. I've not had a cloud generated (or didn't have any interesting keywords in my notes to generate a cloud) but would really like to be able to tag my history with some useful stuff, but clicking into every single entry over the last few years would be very time consuming.

However, if I could bring up my training log for a specific year, sort by distance perhaps, I could then quickly add a load of tags without having to examine each run individually.

Not having my history tagged sort of defeats the purpose at the moment for me.
Sep 2017
9:43am, 14 Sep 2017
18,575 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
The automatic clouding is still in progress - can you give it 48 hours?

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
There's a new feature in the training log - you can add tags to your training entries, to help ...