BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Training analysis tool - pre race mileage (and pace)
4:12pm, 17 Mar 2017
StuHolmesI'm really confused by the analysis tool.
According to the above, the average training pace for ALL training of the 157 people that acheived a 3:45 marathon was at marathon pace?
And the average training pace for the 174 who acheived 4hrs was actually faster than their marathon pace??
Am I interpreting that correctly?
Goes against everything I've read about marathon training.
4:54pm, 17 Mar 2017
fetcheveryoneWhenever I've looked at the numbers before, there's always a tipping point around the 4hr marathon mark. Quicker than 4hrs,and the average running pace becomes slower than race pace. Slower than 4hrs, and training pace outstrips race pace.
11:42pm, 17 Mar 2017
StuHolmesSo... the fact my average training pace is in the bottom 10 percentile is not a bad thing??
About This Thread
Maintained by StuH
- Project Joker
- Mcmillan training pace calculator
- Intervals at 5k pace - why 5k pace?
- My easy runs are really threshold pace?!
- New running 'mindset' - Forget pace. Focus on time outdoors enjoying nature!
- Moving average speed
- Training Log - Pace
- Hitting 5k, 10k & HM pace in training
- The effect of very cold air on running pace
- Pace band analysis