trail shoes on road

1 watcher
Jan 2012
12:45pm, 17 Jan 2012
16 posts
  •  
Naive Steve
another vote here for the kanadia's, although like KK I've not used anything else. I've got an older pair and they've taken me along trails, through significant mud and snow - they're my running equivalent of a trusty old dog - slightly smelly, molting round the edges but you know they're up for some fun in whatever conditions and weather.

And they're usuable on tarmac as well without significant wearing/loss of grip.
Jan 2012
12:51pm, 17 Jan 2012
4,330 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
and yet another vote for Kanadias I'm on my 2nd pair (bought cos Sweatshop also have them in the sale) I wore them during all the heavy snow & ice last winter and never slipped once, used them to run the last few days while its been particularly icy too. I dont find them heavy do find them very comfortable and when used off road i.e. the woods/fells I run on they have been great. Also wash really well in the washing machine for a spruce up after they have got particularly muddy.

Even my fell runs include a fair bit of road running and as Steve says above it hasnt affected the wear on the soles or the grip neither.
Jan 2012
5:15pm, 17 Jan 2012
12,362 posts
  •  
Hamsterboy
used to have the asics trabuco southendal, they were ok

kanadias sounds really popular, used to adore them in shop windows but never got round to trying them on, do sweatshop still do the shoe trial thingy?

won't be one any 'true fells' for ages happy, nowhere convienient :(
Jan 2012
5:20pm, 17 Jan 2012
11,130 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Take care with Salomons though, they have quite a lot under the arch and gave me terrible blisters. They aren't bad shoes, they just don't necessarily suit everyone. (And they felt great in the shop)
Jan 2012
5:24pm, 17 Jan 2012
12,363 posts
  •  
Hamsterboy
last two pairs have been brooks, they've been alright, but I haven't exactly loved them
haven't really had much shoe expierience and i'm pretty much clueless.
and haven't had a gait analysis,

but will do johnny
Jan 2012
5:27pm, 17 Jan 2012
484 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Sportivas are just fine on trail, fell, road - not as grippy as mudclaws but more supportive

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hamsterbolt
couldn't find this anywhere else,
my training is half road half trail, and the parkrun I run each ...