BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Trail shoes

3 watchers
Apr 2012
1:27pm, 10 Apr 2012
26 posts
  •  
Troughty
I've recently moved out into something approaching the countryside and been running on some trails around the woods near me and it seems that my trusty Asics running shoes don't really cut it and I keep slipping.

Any good recommendations for trail shoes? This isn't hardcore off-road running just muddy paths through the woods.

Thanks
Apr 2012
1:29pm, 10 Apr 2012
1401 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Adidas Kanadia is a capable and inexpensive trail shoe. As long as you don't get any more technical than a few muddy paths they'll be fine. That said, Asics make a couple of decent trail shoes too.
Apr 2012
1:34pm, 10 Apr 2012
4880 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
another vote for Adidas Kanadia, I am on my 2nd pair and find them great :)
Ted
Apr 2012
1:36pm, 10 Apr 2012
11196 posts
  •  
Ted
3 votes, i seldom do enough to warrant an off road shoe so I am still on my first pair after 300+ miles. they work OK in snow too.
Ted
Apr 2012
1:36pm, 10 Apr 2012
11197 posts
  •  
Ted
Oh! If you go for Kanadia, you may need to go a size up from normal.
Apr 2012
1:41pm, 10 Apr 2012
1338 posts
  •  
Salty Dog
me too, i like the kanadia and used them in cross country races. Nice chunky grippers (if that's a word) although, i reckon they might get wrecked pretty quickly if you ran on harder surfaces. So if you're route's a fair mix of road and trail you might fancy the ones that are more of a hybrid road/trail shoe like the ones i think Asics do.
Apr 2012
1:56pm, 10 Apr 2012
529 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I run off-road all the time (apart from the getting there and occasional bit of road interrupting the countryside). I used to wear Brooks Cascadias but have now moved to skinny shoes, so have the Inov-8 F-Lites for dry trails and the Inov-8 X-Talons for mud.

The F-Lites have been good for mixed terrain too and I've just ordered my second pair.
Apr 2012
2:04pm, 10 Apr 2012
11539 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I quite regret upgrading from my Kanadias. I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat for training. No problems whatsoever running several miles to the trails, several miles on the trails, then several miles home. I run a lot of off-road when I can.

(It's not mountains, rolling countryside and trails rather than fells, but you hit nothing higher if you go due south until the North Downs, south-west until the Hereforshire Beacon, and I understand nothing due East until the Urals!)
Apr 2012
2:11pm, 10 Apr 2012
58984 posts
  •  
GregP
Hello. Roclites. GAME OVER.

Continue?
Apr 2012
2:19pm, 10 Apr 2012
1010 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
New Balance MT101, or MT110 for a more-minimalist approach. Half the price of Roclites. It was GAME OVER for Inov-8 for me when they went up to £80 to 90

About This Thread

Maintained by Troughty
I've recently moved out into something approaching the countryside and been running on some trails ...