Trail runs in the Ipswich area

2 watchers
Feb 2017
1:17pm, 12 Feb 2017
6 posts
  •  
Tat26.2
Hi
Does anyone know of any routes than I can go on in Ipswich area that are good trail runs. Looking for around 10 - 20 miles as training for man vs horse. Thanks.
Feb 2017
2:46pm, 12 Feb 2017
1,599 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Alton Water, you can loop all the way around it. Can't remember how far it is as I tend to get to it cross country from the in-laws. Running distance from that side of Ipswich though.
Feb 2017
3:31pm, 12 Feb 2017
2,064 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I've never been to that area, but thought I'd check if you know about the Routes database on here ?

If not, click Routes from the top menu bar, then type in a place name or postcode, and a distance you want to search from that place, and it will show all the routes that people have logged.

eg there are 2 or 3 around Alton Water that RiC mentioned above. What it doesn't do is tell you if it is a road or trail route, but it does show you the route on a map if you click the Fetch symbol, so fairly easy to work it out.
Feb 2017
6:45pm, 12 Feb 2017
7 posts
  •  
Tat26.2
Thanks for the advice again guys. Didn't know about the routes section so that's awesome. Cheers again.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tat26.2
Hi
Does anyone know of any routes than I can go on in Ipswich area that are good trail runs. Lookin...